It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-02-2009   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

butterbuds is on a distinguished road
Angry what to do after a cat dies/has sister

Buddy my cat of 12 years passed away wed. He has a sister beatrice whom most of the time stays upstairs as Buddy ruled the downstairs and my bed. Beatrice liked staying upstairs. There was a territory problem as he would mark and spray everywhere though his kidney disease could have contributed to that I'll never know. How do I get beatrice to come downstairs to my room and sleep on my bed and just not be so fearful of coming down. I know its early but I wonder if she knows he's gone. I sure do, she must! Or will it just take time as his scent disappears. She always had free run of the house but she liked it upstairs
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 10-03-2009   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Amused
hallan is on a distinguished road

I am so sorry that you lost Buddy. Thankfully I've not had to deal with this situation but I'm hoping others here will be able to advise you.
I'm Helen, I have two cats. We all send our condolences to you & Beatrice. x
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 10-03-2009   #3 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

I'm sorry for your loss of Buddy. Just give Beatrice time, it's only been a few days. Change is hard for cats, it will take time for her to adjust.

Yes she probably does know he's not in the house anymore, but she doesn't know for sure yet that he's not coming back. Give her lots of attention and play time and loving, and allow her to adjust at her own pace.

Welcome to the forum, and please keep us updated!

Tags
cat , cats , free , house , loss , lost , loving , play , problem , sleep

Sponsored Cat Links