It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-09-2009   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

rleeq is on a distinguished road
Default My Kitts are being strange

My male kitten does this thing..... .......some times, for what to all appearances no reason what so ever, puts both his front legs and his hind legs around where ever he chooses like my ankle or my wrist or my shoulder and he bites me....VERY Gently. The first time he did this I was preparing the kitts dinner and I just marked this up to him saying hurry up or I'll start with your leg. He is a bit talkative and quite demonstrative so I didn't make too much of this but he has started doing this at odd times and for (again) no reason I can make out. Sometimes he will snuggle up to me...get his nibble in and spring away like a shot. I think he is saying he loves me or something like that but I don't know.
I've tried to find something via Google about this behavior but have had no luck. Anybody who knows what this behavior is about I'd like to know.

The other thing concerns my female. She went through her first heat just a few weeks ago. I kept them separated and so far I think I'm safe from having a new litter to take care of. The problem is she has already come into heat again and this time she is VERY MUCH in heat if you know what I mean. The thing is that she is presenting/offering herself to me and fighting off my male. I figure this is because I'm the alpha even if I'm not a cat.
I'm pretty lucky that how my house is designed it's a simple matter to keep them apart. My second bedroom has a door that leads into the front room and a second door that leads to the master bedroom. This way I can close her either into the second bedroom or the master and switch them around every now and them. Having to keep either her or him secluded each other as well as from me isn't very fair to any of us.
I know that I should get them both fixed but its hard for me, a male, to take my best friend to get his nuts cut off. I know how I'd feel if some one tried to do that to me there would be such a war!!!

Well I guess I'll sign off for now

Thanks

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 10-09-2009   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Bored
KatrineA is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to KatrineA

Cats are not people. They wont understand what's happened when you spay or neuter them. They'll just feel more relaxed afterwards and not stressed like they are now. Well not straight afterwards, but a couple of weeks later.

I had no 2nd thoughts about spaying my cat. They took away her chance to be a mother. Made me feel more relieved than anything else, because I knew in my heart it was the right thing to do.

To me your male cat sounds a bit agressive, like he's trying to hump your leg. Male cats also tend to bite on the female's neck when they mate, so she wont escape.
Unread 10-10-2009   #3 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Amused
hallan is on a distinguished road

I think your male kitten is 'play fighting' with you. It's probably best to discourage this behaviour before his claws & teeth get bigger! If you refuse to interact with him when he nips he should soon learn that this kind of play is not acceptable. Say 'no' firmly then ignore him. Neutering should also make him less aggressive.

I agree with Katrine about having your female spayed. I have 2 female cats and I had them both spayed. Ripley was 'done' before she ever had a season. Newt had one season, she wouldn't eat, wouldn't play, sprayed and kept us awake 'wowling' through the night. She was straight to the vet after that. Our affectionate, playful, contented little kitten turned into a frustrated, whingy, unhappy kitten so I don't ever feel that I 'deprived' her in any way.

I think you already know that it's the right thing to do so please don't think I am criticising you, more offering encouragement.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Tags
affectionate , aggressive , agressive , art , behavior , behaviour , bite , bites , care , cat , cats , claws , cut , female , fighting , fixed , happy , heat , hey , house , in heat , kitten , litter , lucky , male , mat , neuter , neutering , night , play , problem , spay , spayed , thoughts , vet

Sponsored Cat Links