It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-09-2009   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

amykittycat is on a distinguished road
Default kitty meowing only when I am not home

My kitty (picture of which I post here a few days ago) is very quiet when I am around. I sometimes find her too quiet.

but she has the habit of waiting at the door in the late evening for me to come home.

I came home as quietly as possible today and was sure I made no noise at all - and before I inserted the key, I heard her crying/ meowing repeatedly behind the door.

I thought her bowl was empty - but it was full. when i entered the room she rushed to her bowl and ate ...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 10-10-2009   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Bored
KatrineA is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to KatrineA

Seems like normal behavior to me. Cats miss you when you are gone. She's probably quiet when she's home alone and when she senses you coming, she'll start making noise.

I've discovered that my cat will run to the door before my bf comes home. We live in a block and many people come and go from the main entrance all the time. But she ALWAYS knows when he's the one coming home.

She runs to the door when it's he who opens the door from the maine entrance and waits in front of the door to our apartment. Then she will "sing and chant" for a while and get really hyper.

She does the same when I get home.

I'm guessing they can smell us. Since they have this really strong sense of smell.
Unread 10-10-2009   #3 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Amused
hallan is on a distinguished road

I wouldn't worry, your kitty obviously looks forward to you coming home & likes to welcome you!
My husband says that if he is in the house the cats are quiet all afternoon then about an hour before I'm due home from work they will wake up and start looking for me. Newt is often sat on the windowsill waiting when I get home too. My husband works until late some nights and as soon as Ripley hears his key in the door she runs straight to him and gives him a very vocal and loving welcome.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 10-13-2009   #4 (permalink)
Newborn

Mmfh is on a distinguished road

Sounds like you have a loving kitty that gets a little excited when she senses you are about to arrive.

I don't know how far away from the house you park but animals get very in tune with the sound of the car pulling in and then know you are about to show up at the door.

Even though you were trying to be quiet your kitty knows its about time for you to show up and was already listening and smelling for any signs of you so she probably started meowing just before you heard her.

Sounds like a great cat!

Mm

Tags
apartment , art , behavior , car , cat , cats , crying , great , hey , home , home alone , house , hyper , kitty , loving , meowing , picture , smell , vocal , wake , worry

Sponsored Cat Links