It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-18-2009   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

AthenasMommy is on a distinguished road
Default Kitten sleeping on us at night.

Does anyone have any advice on how to get our kitten to stop sleeping on top of my husband and I at night. We brought her home yesterday and she kept us up all night because she would lie on top of one of us and then cling with the claws when we'd turn.

We bought a bed for her today and she's learning that under the blanket is not that scary. But I want a good night's sleep. Any ideas?

P.S. she meows when we don't pay her enough attention, so shutting her out of the room is probably not an option.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 10-18-2009   #2 (permalink)
Top Cat

kathie is on a distinguished road

When the she jumps up onto the bed, pick her up right away and place her in her own bed or better yet, a basket. Do this for repeatedly, so she'll realize she can't go on the bed.
If needed, you might also want to award her with cat treats to her him stay in her bed.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 10-19-2009   #3 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Amused
hallan is on a distinguished road

Hello to you both & your kitten!
Further to what Kathie has advised perhaps you could try putting a hot water bottle wrapped in a towel in her bed as she may be snuggling up to you for warmth. She will still be getting used to her new home so will need lots of reassurance from you & your husband.
Have you decided on a name for her yet?
Unread 11-07-2009   #4 (permalink)
Newborn

Marilou is on a distinguished road

Hi there!!

The kitty is probably missing its mom or in case you bought it from a pet shop, the other kitties it slept with.

Try to put a teddy bear in its bed so that it doesn't feel lonely.

Meow!!!!
Unread 11-07-2009   #5 (permalink)
Newborn

Kaylea is on a distinguished road

Hello to you and your new kitty,
my kitty Dylan was the same when i brought her home, she would cling to my hair when on my bed at night and if i shut her out of the room she would cry and scratch at the door to let her in, in the end i brought her blanket and placed it at the end of my bed, once in bed she would of course come up to me and generally try everything to keep me awake! A firm 'no' and placing her at the end of the bed (several times i might add) she soon got the message that if she's on the bed, she sleeps or OUT! now both my kittys sleep at the end of the bed - mind you - i do occasionally get a purring kitty padding on me in the morning, waiting for her breakfast, it takes time and repeating your actions, and try to stay calm, it can be frustating, but ultimately soo worthwhile. good luck x
Unread 12-27-2009   #6 (permalink)
Newborn

JohnPhoenix is on a distinguished road

My wife and I let our girl "Kitty" sleep with us on the bed. We have since she was a kitten, she is 5 years old now. When she is on top of me if I am having a hard time getting to sleep I simply wait till I know she is sleeping or half asleep and gently move her over next to me. Most of the time she will sleep in that spot the rest of the night.

Kitty's can be nice to curl up with in the winter time. My wife and I fight over who gets to sleep with the cat! (not serious fighting)
Unread 01-11-2010   #7 (permalink)
Top Cat

My Mood: Blah
AuntKitty is on a distinguished road

I adopted two kittens who both curl up on me every night. Whichever one gets there first sleeps on my chest and the other one curls up on my legs. I pet them and stroke their head and they purr, close their eyes and go to sleep. Like JohnPhoenix said, if I need to roll over, I wait until the cats are asleep or almost asleep and gently move them next to me, where they usually sleep through the night. I'ts beautiful.

Tags
adopted , advice , beautiful , calm , cat , cats , claws , eyes , fight , fighting , girl , home , kitten , kittens , kitties , kitty , missing , morning , new home , nice , night , pet , scary , scratch , sleep , sleeping , stop , water

Sponsored Cat Links