It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-26-2009   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

slowdrift is on a distinguished road
Default Peeing kitty problem

Never mind, it's solved.

Last edited by slowdrift; 10-26-2009 at 06:11 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 10-26-2009   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

Usually the problem you describe means the kitty is sick, with a urinary tract infection or crystals in the urine.

they avoid the litter box because they blame the box for their pain (yes, UTIs hurt) and also because he can't talk and say "mommy I don't feel good" so this is the only way he can tell you something is wrong.

He needs to see the vet.

And don't delay, because males can block very easily. Once they block the die within 24 hours without veterinary treatment, and it is a terrible way to die.

It is much more cost effective to get him checked out now than to wait until it is an emergency.

Once he is under treatment all urine spots must be cleaned with an enzymatic cleaner to prevent him returning to the spots.

Welcome, and please keep us updated.

Last edited by acerlt; 10-26-2009 at 08:36 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 10-26-2009   #3 (permalink)
Newborn

But he does go to his later and does not seem to be in pain, I'm afraid I can't just take my pet to the vet because I don't have money to take him on alot of tests...
Unread 10-26-2009   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Bored
KatrineA is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to KatrineA

I think it sounds like a UTI too. You have to go and get him checked at the vet.

I am a poor student too, but I saved up money before I got my cat to make sure I could afford cases like these. When you get a pet, they are your responsibility. There should never be a question of money.

You should treat them like you would treat your children.
Unread 10-26-2009   #5 (permalink)
Newborn

Money is not a question for me when I know why, I'm asking something wich is normal for a 6 months old cate, they do spray, the vet warned us when she neutured him it doesn't mean they will stop spraying forever especially male cats when they grow up tend too.
And like I said he goes to the litter at normal rate, normal ammounts, eats and drinks just fine, does everything the same as normal just happened to spray 2 times wich was more then 2 drops too, there are no symptons of this to be seen with the cat. This isn't my first cat either our old cat used to do it too, but on wet laundry.

@ KatrineA, I do threat this cat as my own kid, I don't send myself or my kids to the doctor when they sneeze either, I'm asking for a solution for spraying, sorry if this sounds rude but what you said sounds like I don't even care about my cat.
My cat means the world to me and I see to his health just fine, I just want to know how to get rid of spraying, it's not like he has 24 hours left or something, it means he's marking his territory.

Last edited by slowdrift; 10-26-2009 at 01:58 PM.
Unread 10-26-2009   #6 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Bored
KatrineA is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to KatrineA

You did go to this forum for advice and you got it. If you already knew the answer, then why ask?

This could be another problem, but it's very important to rule out UTI as it has serious consequences. The best way to find out why is to take him to the vet for a check up.

Spraying is not quite the same as sneezing. Even though, I actually did take my cat to the vet when she did sneeze some. Better be safe than sorry!
Unread 10-26-2009   #7 (permalink)
Newborn

I ask for advice about the SPRAYING, like what helps against it, rubbing pepper on it isn't a option since it happened in a bed too.
And I'm starting to regret I've asked it on a forum indeed, because if I brought my old cat I owned before to the vet that often he probably wouldn't have gotten nearly as old as he did (wich was 27 years old)
My cat is perfectly healthy he is just spraying and I want to know what there is for tricks against that...

I understand you're point, ofcourse I do, you have to be carefull and when something is wrong and I see it the first one to jump on the bike with the catbag and Baileys in it is me, but bringing a perfectly healthy cat there? I don't see the logic in that. Every single part of the cat is healthy besides that so I really don't get the point.

I don't want to think of my cat dying in 24 hours thank you, especially when in Holland every frking store is closed allready and when he looks perfectly healthy.

Last edited by slowdrift; 10-26-2009 at 02:12 PM.
Unread 10-26-2009   #8 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Cats are masters at hiding illness. He may LOOK healthy, but without having his urine checked for bacteria, there is no way to know for sure.

He may be "spraying", but as this is new behavior, illness should be ruled out first.

This to me is a RED FLAG. A cat suddenly doing this behavior is an indication that something is wrong.

And you were given advice about how to stop him spraying. My advice was to take him to the vet, because if he has a UTI or crystals in his urine, the way to stop the "spraying" is to get him cured.

And remove all traces of urine by using an enzyme cleaner. Hmm..I guess I already said all this.

I prefer to be proactive with my cats' health and do not consider vet visits a waste of money.

Well, just keep in mind if he does block and start screaming in pain, the emergency vets usually charge $200-$300 just to walk in the door. An office visit and a urine check won't cost much at all, comparatively.

I asked what you were feeding him because the lower quality foods can cause serious urinary tract problems in cats.

Many of us CAN help with this type of behavior, once illness has been ruled out. But just about every cat forum you go to you will get the same answer first: take him to the vet.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first

Last edited by acerlt; 10-26-2009 at 06:06 PM.
Unread 10-26-2009   #9 (permalink)
Newborn

He DID before, we got him neutured almost a month ago and since that moment not for a while, two weeks ago one time, and today we're not even sure if it was water or the cat because there is no smell of amoniak on the jacket.
My cat eats Royal Canin because I do find quality food important. And I think we have found the solution allready, way simpler then UTI and around here for the same time.
Unread 10-26-2009   #10 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

I apologize, with reservations, for coming on so strong. Perhaps I should have offered suggestions as to why he might be starting up this behavior...if it is behavior related, in addition to urging you to go to the vet.

It's possible there is a strange cat hanging around outside making him feel territorial. Feliway plug in diffusers can help with that.

It's possible some stress has got him upset. Feliway can help with stress, too.

Of course stress can and does cause urinary tract problems.

The thing is...I've seen too many tragedies where people didn't think their male cats were sick. Unnecessary suffering. Thousands of dollars for surgeries and treatments. Life long problems. Death. All because people though their male cat was "perfectly fine".

So my advice is always going to be, take the cat to the vet. I am always happy if I am wrong, and the kitty is not sick after all. But I just don't consider something like that a waste of money.

It's your cat I care about. So if you have found a solution, and he stops the "spraying" I will be happy for you and him. I will be very happy to be proven wrong. But....I just can't see taking the chance.

Even though you are angry at us, for not giving you the advice you wanted to hear, it would be good of you to share your solution with us. Perhaps you might help someone else down the road, by posting what you've come up with.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first

Tags
addition , advice , art , behavior , box , care , cat , cats , children , dry , healthy , hey , hiding , house , hurt , infection , kitten , kitty , litter , male , money , peeing , pet , problem , problems , question , royal , sick , sneeze , stop , stress , tricks , type , uti , vet

Sponsored Cat Links