It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Go Back   Cat Forums - I-Love-Cats - your Ultimate Cat Forum > All About Cats > Cat Behavior
Register

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-12-2009   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

njrose613 is on a distinguished road
Default Help! Cat killed her first mouse and is now very aggressive to my other cat!

My 2 cats were in my sunroom yesterday where they usually go to play. After about 10 minutes I heard hissing and yelling and opened the door to them fighting, one clearly being the dominant one in the fight. I looked in the room and they had snapped a mouses neck (no blood). I assume they were fighting over who was going to bring the mouse to me. I discarded the mouse and showed them both that is was no longer in the room. Since then the dominant cat has been attacking, and hissing at the more submissive cat whenever they come in contact. They were like best friends before this. I separated them for the night and this morning there was more hissing. I'm not sure what else to do at this point and haven't been able to find anyone that's had the same problem. Even when we introduced them to each other almost 2 years ago the dominant one wasn't this aggressive to the other cat. Suggestions?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 11-17-2009   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Amused
supersmithy is on a distinguished road

Hello, just noticed you hadn't had any responses, what a difficult situation.

Maybe things have calmed down now - but when a cat first kills it seems to bring out the aggressor in them which you may not have seen before. Perhaps it was the rivalry for the mouse which brought it out, and your dominant cat came out on top.

I hope things have improved and they can learn to live happily together again

RIP Ben, Tippy and Simba xxx
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Tags
aggressive , attacking , cat , cats , fighting , friends , hey , hissing , morning , mouse , night , play , problem , suggestions

Sponsored Cat Links