It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-18-2009   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

voldo37 is on a distinguished road
Default cat in the bathtub

Recently my Sampson has been spending a lot of time in the bathtub looking up at the faucet. Anytime I am not playing with him I find him there. My faucet doesn't leak or drip so I am wondering why? I had one of those Petmate fountains but he never really paid it any attention so I went and bought one of those Drinkwell Platinum Pet Fountains because water drips down like a faucet does but he just ignores that also. Any thoughts why he likes to sit in the bathtub and stare at the faucet??
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 11-19-2009   #2 (permalink)
che
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
che is on a distinguished road
Red face

Hi, some of my cats, past and present, have liked to to do this.
I have put the tap on and they like to watch the water trickle down the plug hole.
These two were always in there, they were fascinated. xxxxx
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wonder where the water is going.jpg (78.6 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg Amazing!!!!!.jpg (79.4 KB, 3 views)
Unread 12-28-2009   #3 (permalink)
Newborn

JohnPhoenix is on a distinguished road

That's really interesting. The only thing I can think of is if they are hearing sounds come from the faucet. Or perhaps they once saw a lizard or a bug crawl up the faucet.

I have seen my cat sit and stare at the brick on the side of my house for hours if it sees lizard crawl inside of a crack.

The only time my cat goes near the bath tub is when it is full of water and my wife is taking a bath. She boldly jumps right on in the tub with her and lets my wife bathe her. She also loves to play and swim in the water.

Yeah.. my cat is weird.. but we wuv her to pieces.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 12-28-2009   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
maggiemay is on a distinguished road

My cat Phoebe loves to sit in the bath and the sink, but she also loves her water dish in the tub, and gets very offended when I take it out so that I can have a bath! She also has to have the water changed everytime I go in the bathroom, even if I have just changed the water, try putting a dish of water in the tub and see what happens!
Former mom to: Rosie, Tigger, Samson, Smokey, Maggiemay, Tasha, Abby, Coco, SmokeyJr, Merlin, and Merlin Jr, Gracie, and Samson Jr, I left you all in Canada with the exception of Rosie and Tigger who I know are no longer with us! I hope that you are all happy, and I'm sorry I couldn't bring you with me!

Tags
bath , cat , cats , changed , cool , hey , house , interesting , play , playing , present , thoughts , water , weird , why?

Sponsored Cat Links