It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 12-05-2009   #11 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Busy
mj29 is on a distinguished road

Liam and Darby have been re acquainted with the squirt bottle because we put up our stuff yesterday. I tried re directing but found the squirt bottle is now my campanion for awhile at least. They go into spare room at night which we've been doing since day one. Zipper growls at them so I think she's telling them to behave for mommy. I don't scream at them but they do know what No means.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

M.J. Zipper Darby and Liam
A Cat's eyes are windows enabling us to see into another world. Irish legend

A cat has absolute emotional honesty. Human beings, for one reason or another, may hide their feelings, but a cat does not. Ernest Hemingway

There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast.

R.I.P. sisters Sasha and Jasmine, Lucky, Mr.Sim, my sweet boy Oscar!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 12-05-2009   #12 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Amused
hallan is on a distinguished road

I think a tree covered in shiny decorations is too much of a temptation for most cats!
I remember the first Xmas Newt was with us. Her little face lit up with delight when she saw the tree, ha ha! She steals the baubles off it and plays with them. They all end up under the sofa!
I had a real tree a few years ago & Ripley never went near it. I think she wasn't keen on the smell.
Xmas decorations are always a challenge (Will they eat it? Will it break?), I put them up & Ripley decides whether they can stay there. I can't put anything on the mantlepiece else it ends up on the floor.
They are naughty but I love them anyway!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 12-05-2009   #13 (permalink)
Kitten

shuranda is on a distinguished road

One classic thing I remember with Christmas is putting on the 30 year old very fragile blown glass ornaments.. and the sound of them being destroyed by cats and dogs and the children of guests in the house.
Another classic is that cats love to eat tinsel, and how ridiculous it looks to see a long strand of silver sticking a foot out from the cat's butt.
Unread 12-05-2009   #14 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

supersmithy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuranda View Post

Another classic is that cats love to eat tinsel, and how ridiculous it looks to see a long strand of silver sticking a foot out from the cat's butt.
Hehe - never had that experience

RIP Ben, Tippy and Simba xxx
Unread 12-05-2009   #15 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

hallan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersmithy View Post
Hehe - never had that experience
I've (thankfully!) never experienced that either! The first Xmas we had Ripley she managed to get a large piece of wrapping paper stuck to her tail while she was 'helping' us unwrap presents. She took off in terror & couldn't understand why no matter how fast she ran or how high she jumped this 'wrapping paper monster' was still right behind her. Took us ages to catch her (probably because we were laughing so much) and remove it. Poor thing!
Unread 12-05-2009   #16 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

supersmithy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallan View Post
I've (thankfully!) never experienced that either! The first Xmas we had Ripley she managed to get a large piece of wrapping paper stuck to her tail while she was 'helping' us unwrap presents. She took off in terror & couldn't understand why no matter how fast she ran or how high she jumped this 'wrapping paper monster' was still right behind her. Took us ages to catch her (probably because we were laughing so much) and remove it. Poor thing!
Aww bless her - you feel bad for laughing but it is funny

RIP Ben, Tippy and Simba xxx
Unread 12-05-2009   #17 (permalink)
Kitten

shuranda is on a distinguished road

That reminds me of something that happened ot one of my dad's dogs last week. My dad stupidly put several supposedly "humane" rat traps in the garage. Instead of the standard spring loaded traps that instantly snap their spine, these traps are a 7 inch long tray of adhesive goo that never dries and is about 1/4" deep. Is having a rat stuck and left to die a death that might take over a week more humane? Anyway.. one of the traps fell off of a shelf and onto the floor of the garage and one of the dogs stepped on it. I found the dog trying to bite his own leg off! He had just broken the skin at the time I found him. He would have never gotten that tray unstuch by himself. I had to hold the dog's jaws shut with one hand, step on the tray, and pull on his leg and scoop away at the gel with steady force for at least 5 minutes before I got his leg free.
Unread 12-06-2009   #18 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Bored
KatrineA is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to KatrineA

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuranda View Post
Yes, kittens and adult cats are a challenge. Perhaps people should be required to have a pet cat or dog for 5 years before ever having children. Children are much more expensive and much more of a nuisance. I don't know why anybody would even consider having children anymore unless they were already a millionaire. The future is mighty bleak.
Haha. I sort of agree. I've always dreamt of owning cats, never dreamt of having kids. You never know how they'll turn out.
Unread 12-06-2009   #19 (permalink)
Kitten

princesskittygirl3 is an unknown quantity at this point

A girl I know just had a baby its about 14 weeks now but shes rehoming her cat grrrrr I just dont get why people rehome their furbabys before making any effort to have them live alongside each other. oh well

These xmas stories are very funny ,weridly she has left the lounge tree alone but keeps on overturning my pink fluffy tree and running away with the treetopper fairy.
Unread 12-06-2009   #20 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Bored
KatrineA is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to KatrineA

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesskittygirl3 View Post
A girl I know just had a baby its about 14 weeks now but shes rehoming her cat grrrrr I just dont get why people rehome their furbabys before making any effort to have them live alongside each other. oh well

These xmas stories are very funny ,weridly she has left the lounge tree alone but keeps on overturning my pink fluffy tree and running away with the treetopper fairy.
I completely agree with you as do almost all members here, I think. Stories like these greatly provoke me. I'd never give up my cat over a baby! Even if my cat would seem slightly aggressive. Just keep them apart the next years.

A cat will especially have a hard time re-adjusting to a new home if it's older. My cat is just a bit over a year and we have this incredible bond. She hates being left alone and she goes looking for me when I'm not home at night. I can't imagine what she'd go through if I were to disappear.

Oh and the chances of rehoming an adult cat is slim. It may end up euthanized

When getting a cat one should always think ahead of time. If you don't think you want a cat after having a baby in the future, then don't get a cat! Geez!

Tags
aggressive , animal , another cat , apartment , attacking , baby , beautiful , birds , bite , black , blog , box , breeders , breeds , bully , care , carpet , cat , cat toys , cats , christmas , classic , crying , cut , dog , dogs , dry food , eating , facts , fast , food , found , friends , funny , girl , groom , growls , happy , hey , hiding , hissing , home , house , kitten , kittens , kitties , kitty , lazy , litter , litter box , lucky , maine coon , mat , new home , opinion , outdoor , peeing , pill , play , playing , poison , pregnant , problems , queen , rare , scratching , scream , search , shelter , small , social , spayed , toys , water , window

Sponsored Cat Links