It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-30-2009   #1 (permalink)
Kitten

princesskittygirl3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy kitten is driving me insane again

Im just really fed up now I try and try and it doesnt get any better.

I cant leave my xmas tree out she has already spitefully ruined 3-4 of the fluffly things on the lights.
constantly topples said 3ft tree
steals the tree topper
I can scream no till im blue and no response
constnantly scratches the sofa even when i shout no and redirect her
scratches me horribly when she doesnt get her way
screams outside my door at 7 am even when i ignor her. she is relentless

im still not enjoying her she constantly is doing really naughty things I cant put anything xmassy up she ruins it all.

The bathroom door doesnt shgut properly she keeps getting into things in there arghhh
my house is open plan so I cannot shut her away somewhere she is impossible!!!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 11-30-2009   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

CamiDante is on a distinguished road

First off, it's a kitten......they like to play. Screaming at them will not get them to listen. Trust me, I speak from experience (I own a devil cat). Have you tried a squirt bottle? I use one, and it works wonders for keeping the cats out of the christmas stuff!
For the sofa, I've found sofa guards (plastic guards that attach to the sofa) to be very helpful. That, and putting a scratching post in front of the spot my cats try to scratch at the most. They hate the feel of the plastic, so they leave the sofa corners alone.
Unread 11-30-2009   #3 (permalink)
Kitten

LOL do you really own a devil cat? I think mines not far off!! She is the cheekiest cat ive ever encountered!! My moms 2 kitties are lovely although theo screeches for food every time he sees you even when hes been fed.

Chloe is just the biggest monkey she does it in full view of you to annoy you,if you ignor her she will get your attention in a negative way by playing up.

Ill try to rememeber shes a kitten she looks really cat like at the moment as shes between 5-6 months old im getting her spayed soon .

She has improved hugely on peeing where she is supposed to be and uses her litter box all the time now she hasnt peed on my bed anymore , now and then I find a puddle on my carpet im not sure if its my naughty chi as she can be picky about going outside if it happens to be raining hard. lol
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 11-30-2009   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Bored
KatrineA is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to KatrineA

I agree with Crystal. A squirt bottle is very effective.

Oh and my cat loves to play with water, so we have to close the toilet lid. Just make it a habit to close it everytimee after you've used it. Even my bf has learned this and you know how boys can be.

Now she's learned how to open the lid, so we have to get a heavier lid, hehe. Oh those precious kitties!
Unread 11-30-2009   #5 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

CamiDante is on a distinguished road

Yes, I really do own a devil cat LOL
When I first got Dante, he had been an outdoor kitty...and he tried for any open door, no matter what. Created completed chaos when I was trying to let the dog OUT and keep the cat IN!
He's over that now, thanks to a firm "no" and the squirt bottle. And I do take him out with me (he has his own harness and leash). He gets his outside time and everyone is happy. And now that he's turned a year old, he's mellowed quite a bit.
Just be patient, I am sure your kitty will mellow a bit as she gets older.
Unread 12-01-2009   #6 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
maggiemay is on a distinguished road

I remember when we got Abby, I told my husband that we would be able to have a Christmas tree that year but he wouldn't listen, and she systematicly destroyed it, so in the end I took it down, and yes my kids we still fairly young, but I jjust explained it to them and they were fine. We didn't have a tree of any kind for many, many years, then we finally decided to get a real one and the cats don't go near it, I think it's because it 'prickles' them. But as already stated she still is a baby and screaming at her won't help, but squirting water at her may!
Former mom to: Rosie, Tigger, Samson, Smokey, Maggiemay, Tasha, Abby, Coco, SmokeyJr, Merlin, and Merlin Jr, Gracie, and Samson Jr, I left you all in Canada with the exception of Rosie and Tigger who I know are no longer with us! I hope that you are all happy, and I'm sorry I couldn't bring you with me!
Unread 12-02-2009   #7 (permalink)
Kitten

I know it doesnt help things when the tree is only 3ft and has fluffly feathery pink lights on it !!! as fluffly feathery things tend to be cat toys.

I try to keep the door shut when im not in.

No though doesnt seem to get through so I guess a little sqiurt bottle will help especially for the sofa!! so ill get one today.

I think overall she is a good kitty, im glad her temperment which means everything is placid and sweet natured im just lucky enough to have such beautiful coloring on her I never heard of calicos since I got my little girl. They are lovely looking!.
Unread 12-03-2009   #8 (permalink)
Kitten

shuranda is on a distinguished road

I agree with the others about a squirt bottle. Squirt bottles are very effective on both cats and dogs. I use an old window cleaner bottle filled with water. The trick is you have to catch them in the act and have good aim.
As for your kitten attacking your Christmas tree, just accept that cats all work for satan and they will do anything to destroy a Christmas tree (not totally kidding here). Your best bet is to put the tree in a room where the cat has no access to. I have known people who have gotten to the point of having to decide whether to have a cat spayed and/or declawed, or have it sent to an animal shelter (which is at least a 50% risk of having it destroyed even if they promise they won't).
Unread 12-04-2009   #9 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Amused
supersmithy is on a distinguished road

When I had Ben and Tippy as kittens at Christmas they were 4 months old and I regularly came home from work to find my 5ft Christmas tree overturned. I also put some chocolate decorations on it and used to find them on the floor with little teeth marks all over the silver foil

They were also devils and used to climb to the top of the curtains, claw the carpet if the door was closed and tear wallpaper at the corners.

They will grow out of it eventually - just enjoy her exuberance and accept that if you have a kitty they are no respecters of a nice home

RIP Ben, Tippy and Simba xxx
Unread 12-04-2009   #10 (permalink)
Kitten

shuranda is on a distinguished road

Yes, kittens and adult cats are a challenge. Perhaps people should be required to have a pet cat or dog for 5 years before ever having children. Children are much more expensive and much more of a nuisance. I don't know why anybody would even consider having children anymore unless they were already a millionaire. The future is mighty bleak.

Tags
aggressive , animal , another cat , apartment , attacking , baby , beautiful , birds , bite , black , blog , box , breeders , breeds , bully , care , carpet , cat , cat toys , cats , christmas , classic , crying , cut , dog , dogs , dry food , eating , facts , fast , food , found , friends , funny , girl , groom , growls , happy , hey , hiding , hissing , home , house , kitten , kittens , kitties , kitty , lazy , litter , litter box , lucky , maine coon , mat , new home , opinion , outdoor , peeing , pill , play , playing , poison , pregnant , problems , queen , rare , scratching , scream , search , shelter , small , social , spayed , toys , water , window

Sponsored Cat Links