It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 12-26-2009   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

kada02 is on a distinguished road
Default unusual behavior???

Hi, this is all new to me. I have a cat that I acquired from my daughter about six months ago. Have never had a cat before, but she is such a sweetie. She is about 3 years old and just started meowing loudly today. Sounds like a baby crying and she wants to go outside, which I let her. She has gone outside every few days since summer and it is now winter. My daughter got her from someone else and she tells me she is spayed. She has no signs of being in heat other than this loud meowing all of a sudden. Should I be worried about her?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 12-27-2009   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

CamiDante is on a distinguished road

Was she an outdoor cat before you got her? That might explain the meowing. You might want to have a vet checkup, just in case, to ensure that your kitty is spayed.
Unread 12-27-2009   #3 (permalink)
Newborn

kada02 is on a distinguished road

From what I have been reading she has all the symptoms of being in heat, so I think my daughter was wrong about her being spayed. At this point I am not even sure of her age it just struck me as odd that she had not shown this behavior in the six months I have had her. Absolutely going to take her to the vet and get her spayed. She seems miserable and it's not much fun for us either!! She seems to want to go into the basement or up in our attic in the garage also. I let her out in the garage with everything closed which gives us a reprieve and seems to calm her somewhat. She also calms down when I cuddle with her. I did hear another cat outside our front door last night and that seemed to set her off. It's just so new to me. Have always had dogs!!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Tags
age , another cat , baby , behavior , calm , cat , crying , dogs , fun , heat , in heat , kitty , meowing , night , outdoor , spayed , vet

Sponsored Cat Links