It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 12-27-2009   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

JohnPhoenix is on a distinguished road
Default Kitty has Co-Dependency issues

Hi.

I am new here and come to inquire if this behavior is normal. My cat, "Kitty" is her name, is a 5 year old American short hair tabby. She is our "daughter". I believe she has serious co dependency issues. Perhaps I just spoil her too much.

I know cats will usually pick one person to latch onto. I, the proud papa seems to have won this distinction. When Kitty wakes up she will come and sit next to my keyboard as a sign for me to feed her. Even if my wife is already awake. It has gotten to the point now that when my wife feeds her, Kitty will not touch her food until I pretend to give her some more and pet her on the head.

However, if I am still sleeping, kitty will let my wife feed her - but most of the time Kitty tries to get me up first by tapping my nose with her little paw.

Kitty does not resist my wife's affection. They have their rituals too. When my wife is sitting at her computer at nighttime Kitty will often curl up on her lap to be petted to sleep. kitty never sits on my lap. I wish she would because if she is sitting next to my keyboard she loves to pounce on my hands as I type and often lay down on my right hand when it it on top of the mouse as if to say. "No daddy don't use the computer, Play with Me!"

We try to give Kitty lot of toys and playtime. One of her favorite games is attacking my hand (biting gently) as I try to pet her. I know this is play because when she wants affection she lets me pet her and does not bite.

Anyway, What is with the food thing?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 12-27-2009   #2 (permalink)
Newborn

bunnie is on a distinguished road
Default cats are weird

they all have little quirks like this, i'd just roll with it and not worry about it.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 12-28-2009   #3 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Amused
hallan is on a distinguished road

When you first got Kitty was it you that usually fed her? I have two cats and I am the one who normally feeds them. If my husband is up first or home first they will never ask him for food but will wait for me. They're just used to the fact that I am in charge of the food!

Tags
attacking , behavior , bite , biting , cat , cats , computer , food , games , hey , home , kitty , mouse , night , nose , paw , person , pet , play , pounce , sleeping , tabby , toys , type , weird , worry

Sponsored Cat Links