It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 12-29-2009   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

andyvendetti is on a distinguished road
Default 1 year old poops and pees outside litter box

Does anyone have advice on which box to switch to? I have a picture of the box I currently have in my blog with wonderful pix of my cat Roccos poopoo next it. The blog link is in my signature below...I need help!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 12-29-2009   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
maggiemay is on a distinguished road

Just a thought maybe he doesn't like the lid on the box, have you tried it without it? I only mention it because I had one with a lid on, and even though I kept the box clean it still smelled unpleasant to me, and since cats sense of smell is I believe ten times stronger than ours it maybe that the smell is putting him off going in his box, if you don't want to leave the lid off you could try washing the lid once or twice a day, I hope this helps, or someone else may have more advice. one more thing it maybe neccessary to take him to the vet's to rule out any health problems. Good luck.
Former mom to: Rosie, Tigger, Samson, Smokey, Maggiemay, Tasha, Abby, Coco, SmokeyJr, Merlin, and Merlin Jr, Gracie, and Samson Jr, I left you all in Canada with the exception of Rosie and Tigger who I know are no longer with us! I hope that you are all happy, and I'm sorry I couldn't bring you with me!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 12-29-2009   #3 (permalink)
Newborn

Thanks Maggie! I will try that and post pics and videos of his progress...be sure to check my blog out to see the videos!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Unread 12-29-2009   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

I will keep checking your progress! Good luck
Former mom to: Rosie, Tigger, Samson, Smokey, Maggiemay, Tasha, Abby, Coco, SmokeyJr, Merlin, and Merlin Jr, Gracie, and Samson Jr, I left you all in Canada with the exception of Rosie and Tigger who I know are no longer with us! I hope that you are all happy, and I'm sorry I couldn't bring you with me!
Unread 12-29-2009   #5 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Busy
mj29 is on a distinguished road

I have read articles about the lidded litter boxes and they have all mentioned that they are not a good product to use. Like Maggie mentioned their sense of smell is very acute and the smell would not be pleasant to them. These boxes are nothing more than a gimick made by the companies to make people spend their money on items that aren't good or are useless. I almost bought one before but I had decided to read about them and what was said made sense. If you have purchased this box due to a small space there is litter specific to small spaces. I would give that a try. Now having said all this are you sure your furkid doesnt have a urinary tract infection. I would suggest you investigate this as well. Good luck with this.

M.J. Zipper Darby and Liam
A Cat's eyes are windows enabling us to see into another world. Irish legend

A cat has absolute emotional honesty. Human beings, for one reason or another, may hide their feelings, but a cat does not. Ernest Hemingway

There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast.

R.I.P. sisters Sasha and Jasmine, Lucky, Mr.Sim, my sweet boy Oscar!
Unread 12-29-2009   #6 (permalink)
Newborn

Ok I tried removing the lid and 5 minutes later i see the litter in the box was used but he peed outside the box lol Ill give him the benefit of the doubt since hes not used to no lid but ill keep an eye on the situation
Unread 12-30-2009   #7 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

If you have the room, I would buy another box (without a lid) some cats like to poop in one and wee in the other, not sure why but if you have the room it would be worth a try.
Unread 12-30-2009   #8 (permalink)
Newborn

today he pooped outside the box...so now I know its not the lid...I got a clevercat buckt with hole on top for him to go in the way...ill try it out and post updates!
Unread 12-30-2009   #9 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Busy
mj29 is on a distinguished road

Is the litter box out of the way? Some cats ate very shy about going in a open area. They like their privacy. Again maybe your furkid has a urinary tract infection and should be checked for it.

M.J. Zipper Darby and Liam
A Cat's eyes are windows enabling us to see into another world. Irish legend

A cat has absolute emotional honesty. Human beings, for one reason or another, may hide their feelings, but a cat does not. Ernest Hemingway

There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast.

R.I.P. sisters Sasha and Jasmine, Lucky, Mr.Sim, my sweet boy Oscar!
Unread 12-30-2009   #10 (permalink)
Newborn

ok great news...the clevercat box actually works!...everything was done in the box...its impossible for him to miss because its practically a bucket. So far so good! Once I get this settled im getting a kitten so lets hope he keeps up the good work!

Tags
advice , blog , box , cat , cat poop , cats , clean , cool , dog , eye , great , health , hey , infection , interesting , kitten , kitty , litter , litter box , litter boxes , litterbox , lost , mess , missing , money , pet , picture , poop , prayers , problems , small , smell , tabby , vet , videos

Sponsored Cat Links