It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-26-2010   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

My Mood: Stressed
love my babies is on a distinguished road
Default Making a female fit with two males..

For thoes of you who don't know my story, I have two rescue males which I have adopted. In September, we got a call to foster what we were told was an 8 week old kitten. We accepted but the minute I picked her up I knew she was older and then the next day at the vet I found out she was pregnat. So we had a litter of 4 kittens and Praise God we were able to find homes for the babies. At first getting the males and the females together was out of the question as she was protective over the babies.

Once the babies were gone she was not as vocal but aggressive none the less. She finally was able to get spayed today but...is it going to make a difference? Right now we put her in the bedroom during the day and let her roam at night and the two boys we let have the run of the house during the day and put them in the basement at night. My oldest boy (cat) is not doing to well and has been having bathroom issues in the house he is so upset. He is a loving cat and hates violence and aggression. My middle boy (cat) is more aggressive and loves a good challange. I am worried about all of them. I can't part with her but it's not fair to my oldest who has become clingy and wants to be held and snuggle alot. Feelings?? Advice??

Thanks,
April

Diamond
Dexter
Dolly
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 01-27-2010   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
maggiemay is on a distinguished road

Hopefully once her hormones have settled down she should be fine, but you could try 'Feliway' plug in that sometimes helps in situations like this or you could try Bach's Rescue Remedy in cream form and rub it in her ears. Persevere, I am sure she will settle down soon and everything will be fine.
Former mom to: Rosie, Tigger, Samson, Smokey, Maggiemay, Tasha, Abby, Coco, SmokeyJr, Merlin, and Merlin Jr, Gracie, and Samson Jr, I left you all in Canada with the exception of Rosie and Tigger who I know are no longer with us! I hope that you are all happy, and I'm sorry I couldn't bring you with me!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Tags
adopted , advice , aggression , aggressive , babies , cat , clingy , female , foster , found , homes , house , kitten , kittens , litter , loving , night , question , rescue , spayed , story , upset , vet , vocal

Sponsored Cat Links