It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-03-2010   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

storms75 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to storms75
Default Cat Pee Problems

I have a cat that is peeing everywhere, but the box. He gets on my counters, books or any papers on the floor. He just goes wherever he wants to, I dont know what to do. Can someone please help me.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 03-10-2010   #2 (permalink)
Newborn

kittyclickertrainer is on a distinguished road

First, is he neutered? If not, that should help since he might be territorially marking. If he is neutered maybe you should retrain litter box use. I had to do this with a female cat of mine. I put a litterbox with cat attract litter, cat bed, toys, water, etc. into our extra bathroom. The cat stayed in there whenever we left the house or were at home but couldn't keep track of the cat. If your cat is urinating when you're at home then he might have to stay in the room full time. It took about two to three weeks of doing this before there were no more accidents.

The point is to confine the cat to a smaller area because cats are less likely to soil in a space that they are also going to be sleeping near. The added bonus is that bathroom floors are much easier to clean up messes than carpet.

Before going this route I'd do a vet checkup to make sure there isn't anything medical first.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 03-10-2010   #3 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Bored
KatrineA is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to KatrineA

Could be a UTI. Better check with the vet first.
Unread 11-08-2012   #4 (permalink)
Newborn

sever is on a distinguished road

I would also suggest to try a different type of litter. Also try to move the litter box around. Very often, it's a privacy (I want to feel safe while I pee) issue...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tags
books , box , carpet , cat , cats , clean , female , hey , home , house , litter , litter box , litterbox , medical , pee , peeing , problem , problems , sleeping , toys , type , uti , vet , water

Sponsored Cat Links