It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-17-2010   #1 (permalink)
SMB
Newborn

SMB is on a distinguished road
Question Best way to bond 2 male cats.....

I have a 4 1/2 month old maine coon kitten name Dougie who I've had since he was 8 weeks old - Just a few days ago I rescued a 7 month old orange tabby from the pound named Milo.

Milo was great towards Dougie and showed no aggression but Dougie on the other hand.... Milo will run past him and then Dougie will chase him and when the chase is over Dougie will hiss at him. They have not actually fought, just little bickers everywhere.

All they really do is chase each other around the house I guess.... Every now and them Dougie will swat at him. Milo is started to become a little reactive towards all of DOugies harassment ha. They only bicker over the common areas I.E couch, food, water, litter box (I know i need to get another food/water and litter box until they get along)

Now the past few days since Milo entered the house, Dougie will not have anything to do with my boyfriend and I. He used to be SO clingy and cuddly but now he won't let us pick him up or anything...

Just to note : I did try keeping Milo separate for 2 weeks like everywhere suggested but one day when opening the door to his room he bolted out and the damage was already done so we just left him out.

Oh, and they are both neutered!
Will they ever be able to get along? and will Dougie go back to how lovable he was before?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content

Tags
aggression , box , boyfriend , cats , clingy , food , great , hey , hiss , house , kitten , litter , litter box , maine coon , male , tabby , water

Sponsored Cat Links