It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-18-2010   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

goalie31 is on a distinguished road
Default My cay attacked me a drew blood???

I have a black short hair cat - name Kitty (my 5 year old at the time named her) She is now 5 and has changed in personalitly. She has always been afraid of strangers but wonderful with me until today. Well I almost dropped her off at the humane society! She was sleeping in the afternoon and I went to make the bed - I tried to move her and she hissed (I don't like to be woken when I am sleeping either LOL) so I went in to try and move her again, and she growled. So then I went to pick her up and move her and she hissed cawls out and scratched my cheek and nose, hissed and ran and hid from me. NOw when I go near her she growls.

She has been tempermental with other people but always great with me. now I am worried about her around my son. Has anyone else have heard of the this weird behavior. Can I trust her again???

One other weird note - Kitty likes to sleep with me. Always cuddles up - a few nights ago she woke me up by lying on my chest and hissing in my face. That night it was very windy and I shrugged it off that she was spooked.

I am not one to harm an animal but now I wonder if I can trust her, especially around my son. has anyone ever experienced this before, or anything like it???

My husband says has always said there was something wrong with her,but now I thing it too. Please help. I love Kitty dearly, but I don;t want to be afraid of an animal in my home.

Nothing has changed in my home, no new pets, or food - we have not even touched another animal
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 04-20-2010   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Busy
mj29 is on a distinguished road

My only response to your problem is that maybe she has a medical problem and you should take her to the vets. Its not normal for this behavior and so rule out something very wrong with her. Unfortunetly they can't verbalize to us when they are sick or in pain. Please keep us posted though.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

M.J. Zipper Darby and Liam
A Cat's eyes are windows enabling us to see into another world. Irish legend

A cat has absolute emotional honesty. Human beings, for one reason or another, may hide their feelings, but a cat does not. Ernest Hemingway

There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast.

R.I.P. sisters Sasha and Jasmine, Lucky, Mr.Sim, my sweet boy Oscar!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 04-22-2010   #3 (permalink)
Kitten

My Mood: Angelic
Artemis Moonsong is on a distinguished road

My immediate response was "There is something wrong with her; take her to the vet." Then I scrolled down and saw mj had the same thought. So yeah, take her to the vet.

Cats aren't machines. They are feeling creatures. Unless she has bumped her head and gone absolutely insane, there is a reason for her behavior ... probably medically related.

I do know for a fact that certain illnesses can result in rapid behavioral changes.
and now
, aka "The Nefrinator"
Unread 04-24-2010   #4 (permalink)
Top Cat

My Mood: Blah
AuntKitty is on a distinguished road

Maybe she needs to be checked out by a vet. Sometimes when cats all of a sudden act mmmmean, it's because they are in some kind of pain.
Unread 04-25-2010   #5 (permalink)
Kitten

My Mood: Cheerful
tigger481971 is on a distinguished road

Have you been with her to the vet? Any results?
If you can rule out a medical problem, then maybe think about the time whenshechanged....where there any other people arround? Does she stay in house all the time or can she go out too? Maybe she made a bad experiance with other people.

Tags
animal , behavior , black , cat , cats , changed , food , great , growls , hey , hissing , home , house , kitty , love , medical , nose , problem , sick , sleeping , vet , weird

Sponsored Cat Links