It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-21-2010   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

sunni is on a distinguished road
Default kitty got lost now shes hissing

so my 1 year old cat ive had since she was a baby escaped from home last night she came back just now about 30 minutes ago we also have another kitty and a puppy that she is very used to and familiar with she never hissed nor growled at either of them before, they would always play ect take naps together
When she came home she seemed okay physically but when the other cat went to go sniff her and greet her she hissed and growled no swatting yet just hissing continuously shes even doing it to me . I know she was in heat, so maybe they smell another cat on her or just since shes been outside, but what could make my well mannered tempered cat act this way?
Will it surpass and stop?
she doesnt seem to have any bites on her thinking it was rabies, but there hasnt been a reported case in my town in over 10 years im very nervous about this as It would be hard to separate them they even share the same litter boxes! so im just worried maybe anyone has any previous experience
the other cat isnt hissing shes almost like crying at the "lost" cat its quite sad, im glad my cat is back but i need to go to bed what can i do?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 05-21-2010   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cool
AK49BWL is on a distinguished road

If it were the other way around and the one that got out was the one being hissed at, I would assume the outside smells were unfamiliar and she doesn't like that.. But in this situation, I'm really unsure. Right now what I'm going to recommend is to let her settle down some, give her overnight to calm down, and let us know how she is in the morning. Sorry we couldn't get to you sooner, this forum isn't very active at this hour :/
Unread 05-21-2010   #3 (permalink)
Newborn

sunni is on a distinguished road

well shes still hissing and being defnesive my mom says its probably because she was fighting off cats and racooons, but shes doing better to say the least she was really hungry last night (of coursE) and very very dehydrated, im a little nervous because my other cat is bigger of course but she is very shy and timid and I know she wont defend herself because shes a giant suck shes crying around the the "lost" cat because I feel as if she knows somethings changed i tried to see if she was hurt the only thingi noticed is that her pad of her paw in the back is like a little smooshed, if that makes any sense, it doesnt seem to hurt her when i press on it lightly or touch it its just my puppy is still very little and is very exicited to see her back and im afriad i wont be around when the lost cat snaps at her, she does seem to be wanting more attnetion from me though comes up to me on my lap im glad shes not hissing at me anymore maybe she was just really cranky? not sure. is it possible shes pregnant? i dont know how early the signs are ill have to take alook ,
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 05-21-2010   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cool
AK49BWL is on a distinguished road

Sounds like she just may have had to defend herself while lost and still hasn't quite left that mode yet, but the fact that she is getting better gives me reason to believe she will eventually go back to normal. As far as the potential pregnancy, only your vet could tell you that for sure. I'd take her there anyway, just to have her checked up.

Tags
another cat , baby , bites , calm , cat , cats , changed , crying , fighting , heat , hey , hissing , home , hurt , in heat , kitty , litter , litter boxes , lost , lost cat , morning , nervous , night , paw , play , pregnancy , pregnant , puppy , rabies , sad , smell , snaps , stop , timid , vet

Sponsored Cat Links