It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 08-25-2010   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

katelyn_73 is on a distinguished road
Default stages: loving, aggressive, outside?

my mom has a cat with with a cycle of odd behaviors, she has been like this since she was a kitten, her name is sienna. she has been to the vet and there is not a medical reason for her acting this way, most of the time she only acts this way if there is a guest in our house, but it seems as if she goes through stages with us as well. she will be very loving for a while, she wants to be on your shoulder, petted, loved, and wants to play with you. then she goes into this aggressive stage where she doesnt want to be touched or even walked by. she is mostly an inside cat but the next stage is she wants to go outside (very skiddishly she will run out the door) she is usually gone for a couple of days and comes back dirty, but very loving and happy to be home! Then back to stage one (on the shoulders) so basically we have learned to read her, when we have guest come over we will put her in the basement (with food, water, a bed, and we leave the light on for her) for their safety. but i have come to realize that if the person is not afraid of her she doesnt try to be as intimidating, she might growl or hiss a little but then go on minding her own business, but if they are afraid of her she will take advantage of the situation. (by take advantage i mean she will literally chase people, and attack them by clawing and biting! with no intentions of backing off) any ideas of why she is this way?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 08-26-2010   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cool
AK49BWL is on a distinguished road

FIRST and foremost: Is she spayed?
Unread 08-27-2010   #3 (permalink)
Newborn

katelyn_73 is on a distinguished road

yes she is. she has never had a litter of kittens either.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 08-29-2010   #4 (permalink)
Top Cat

My Mood: Blah
AuntKitty is on a distinguished road

Hi. I'm glad you brought kitty to the vet to rule out medical problems because alot of times that is what is causing the behavior. Any change in the cat's life--new people, new pets? Are you working more and spending less time at home?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Mother of Magic, Midnight, Topaz and Emerald
There is nothing more beautiful than the sound of a purring kitty

Tags
aggressive , attack , behavior , biting , business , cat , cat's , clawing , food , growl , happy , hey , hiss , home , house , kitten , kittens , kitty , litter , loving , medical , person , pet , play , problems , spayed , vet , water

Sponsored Cat Links