It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-01-2010   #21 (permalink)
Newborn

My Mood: Stressed
Nymarie is on a distinguished road

I couldn't afford the plug in. >_> I just paid the deposit for the new apartment, so money is tight. It was plug in for $50 or spray for $8.

My vet did blood work to check everything before he spayed her. He said everything looked fine. Urine analysis, I'm not sure about.

I'm getting one of those Feliway plug ins after I move in. It should help with them adjusting to the new apartment, as well as help Kon and Nym's strange behavior. It'd be amazing if it could stop Kon from anointing our litter boxes. Maybe it's that smell that Nym is avoiding. I took the lids off the two boxes. They're large, but maybe taking the lids off won't contain the smell? I don't know but it's worth a try. Now I just have to sweep in there every few hours or risk having cat litter all over that hall closet floor. Goodness these two are messy.

I love this vet. He's always been great and I used to work for him. I hope another vet can enlighten me, but at the same time a tiny part of me kinda doesn't.

This cat is a mess. She's a longhair, so she has to take meds to keep from throwing up hairballs all the time. I have to brush her every day and she hates it, so that adds to the fun. Now this! And I can't even list all the issues she had as a kitten. It'd take all night. But she's the cutest, funniest little thing and a sweetheart to everyone she meets.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 10-01-2010   #22 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

You can get the plug ins from amazon.com for way cheaper.

Amazon.com: Feliway Plug-In Diffuser with Refill, 48 Milliliters: Home & Garden

I really think it might help with Kon's anointing, and Nym's marking, if that is what she is doing.

A urinalysis (UA) is different from a urine culture. A culture is done by a lab and takes a few days. A culture is the only way to positively determine what kind of crystals (very important to know) and anything else that might be in the urine that doesn't belong there.

A culture may also pick up bacteria that could be missed in a UA. The lab grows the bacteria found in the urine and applies different antibiotics to it, to find what will work best.

But don't lose hope. Medication may seem extreme, but as a last resort if it keeps Nym with you, it will be worth it.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 10-02-2010   #23 (permalink)
Top Cat

My Mood: Blah
AuntKitty is on a distinguished road

I had great success with Cat Attract litter--I don't remember how much it cost. I didn't use it for a long time. After a couple of weeks I mixed it with unscented clay scoopable litter, and then just kept adding more unscented and less Cat Attract. Do you live near a Petco store? They have a 30-lb plastic container of their own brand of unscented scoopable litter. The regular price is $14.99, but I bought 3 containers of it for $10.99 each. The good thing about it is that you just bring the empty containers back to Petco and refill them yourself and they charge you $10.99. If that is still too much money until you start working, alot of hardware stores and auto supply stores sell oil absorbant clay in 50-lb. bags for only a few dollars. It is the same thing as kitty litter only the bad part is that it is not scoopable, so you have to remove the #2 every day and throw out the entire litter tray of litter every week instead of scoopint.
Don't get angry at Acerlt--her only concern is the wellll-being of cats, and she is very knowledgeable and has helped me with some issues too. Good luck

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Mother of Magic, Midnight, Topaz and Emerald
There is nothing more beautiful than the sound of a purring kitty
Unread 10-16-2010   #24 (permalink)
Newborn

My Mood: Stressed
Nymarie is on a distinguished road

The solution was incredibly simple, and I feel so dumb and rather exasperated. Apparently she did not mind closed litter boxes, but now that Kon is here "stinking" up those litter boxes with his scent, she can't stand them closed. As soon as I removed the lids from them, she began using them again.

We're doing great. Haven't had an accident since the number 2 on our pillows. She's also starting to develop a taste for her hairball meds and is getting used to taking baths and getting brushed again so we don't have her throwing up all the time.

We're about to start moving, so we've got tons of boxes in the bedroom. The cats are currently playing with my fiance. I'm about to go join them.

Thanks for all the help! I will definitely get a Feliway plug in for the new apartment!
Unread 10-17-2010   #25 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the happy update. I'm glad Nym is happy with her boxes again and all is well.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first

Tags
age , animal , another cat , antibiotics , anxiety , apartment , beautiful , black , black kitten , boyfriend , care , carpet , cat , cats , changed , clean , cleaning , computer , confined , cut , diet , dogs , eating , fighting , friends , fur , furniture , girl , groom , heat , home , hurt , infection , joy , kitten , lazy , litter , litter boxes , lost , male , medical , morning , moving , nervous , night , opinion , pee , play , playing , poop , problem , problems , save , scared , search , shelter , sleeping , small , smart , smell , spayed , strange behavior , struggle , urine , vet , weaned

Sponsored Cat Links