It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-13-2010   #11 (permalink)
kat
Cool Cat

My Mood: Angelic
kat is on a distinguished road

Hi Lu_Bloodmoon,

That is great news! I am so glad that he has had that effect on you...

As for an update on the progress of my kittie piles

Last night, when I got home, I let Dizi out of his "safe Room", and obviously Sasha is constantly right behind me when I just get home... I like to think she misses me so much, that when I get home she just cannot leave my side. I've started feeding them their meat at the same time, and both in the kitchen. I have to put their food down at the same time, because if I put Sasha's food down first Dizi goes crazy and makes a run for it... and that ofcourse, upsets Sasha tremendously, my poor baby... but she NEVER fight him against it, she just sits and watches him - hehe! But obviously before he can even wet his little lips I grab him and put him down with his bowl, and this has been working wonders the last couple of days.

Sasha is still hissing, when Dizi comes too close, BUT last night they both went outside into our back yard while I was cooking, and Sasha starting playing with him, but running around and stalking him, but her body language was completely relaxed, in comparison to the last week. Like I say, if he comes close, she hisses, so she still doesn't feel 100% safe, but she is definitely warming up to the little rascal of a brother!

So, in my opinion, and I'm no expert, things are looking good... Sasha seems to be taking to him quite nicely, and vice versa. Dizi just wants to play with Sasha, but she won't let him close... I can imagine him jumping all over her... and he is the type of kittie that LOVES body heat, I mean, when I just touch him... not even stroke him or pick him up he is already purring... just at the site of another being... so he's very sociable... so - if all is what it seems, and i hope it is with Sasha, that they will become BFF's.

I just want the hissing to stop, and growling... I don't like seeing my big baby so upset

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PROUD MUMMY OF DIZI AND SASHA!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 10-13-2010   #12 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

The hissing and growling is most likely just noise, it does not sound like Sascha is upset.

Jennie hisses and growls at everyone (except me of course)) all the other cats I mean, all the time, it doesn't mean anything it's just her way of communicating.

Sounds like Dizi is settling in nicely, but I do not recommend letting him outside until he has had his kitten shots. We do not need another kitten with distemper in this forum now!

You are training just right. All my cats know to wait at their meal spots until I put their dishes in front of them, and Queen Eva the baby is fed first, so that she will leave the other cats' dishes alone as she learns how things go around here. .
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 10-13-2010   #13 (permalink)
kat
Cool Cat

My Mood: Angelic
kat is on a distinguished road

hehe... okay, so maybe its just Sasha's way of chatting.. but... I went home for lunch earlier on, just to spend some time with my kitties, and they were chasing eachother... none of them were hissing or growling, obviously playing - which I think is GREAT - I am so thrilled! And Sasha's whole body language seems so much more relaxed, day by day!

As for Dizi's shots, the day I found him I rushed him to the vet to get checked, they gave him a de-wormer, and checked him over and he was very healthy, and told me to come back a week later for his shots, which I did this passed Sunday, so he's up to date with all of that. I've also treated him and Sasha to fleas, just incase (because I found a tick on him on the day I found him) - now he's due for his next lot of injections in 1 month...
The vet took his temperature and checked him over once again on Sunday and is very pleased with his health - he's also put on weight since I found him which she was chuffed about! So my little chubby is healthy and fallen with his bum in the butter I tell you... I'm so excited to see how the two of them end up! After the last couple of days, seeing the change in reaction to eachother has lifted my hopes so much... and... its all thanks to this site... and the different opinions I've read etc... I would not have had a clue what to do if it wasn't for "i-love-cats".

One question I do have though... what is the best age to get Dizi Neutered? I got Sasha spayed when she was 6 months old... is it different with male cats?

PROUD MUMMY OF DIZI AND SASHA!!!

Unread 10-13-2010   #14 (permalink)
Newborn

bariga is on a distinguished road

I have a big old cat. When the evening I watch TV, he lies at my feet and as warmer warms my feet. I really love your pet. I want to take a picture of a cat and put my cat pictures here.
Unread 10-15-2010   #15 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Amused
supersmithy is on a distinguished road

One question I do have though... what is the best age to get Dizi Neutered? I got Sasha spayed when she was 6 months old... is it different with male cats? [/QUOTE]

I had Pixie and Simba fixed together when they were both 6 months, it's no different, usually any time from 5 months onwards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bariga View Post
I have a big old cat. When the evening I watch TV, he lies at my feet and as warmer warms my feet. I really love your pet. I want to take a picture of a cat and put my cat pictures here.
Do that, let's see him

RIP Ben, Tippy and Simba xxx
The Following User Says Thank You to supersmithy For This Useful Post:
kat
Unread 10-15-2010   #16 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

Tolly was about six months old when I had him neutered. Gosh so long ago I barely remember, but I waited until the first time I smelled tom cat pee and then in he went.

My vet wants me to wait until Queen Eva is six months old before spaying her, I am praying she does not go into heat before that.

Mazy was already spayed when I adopted her, and Jennie was trapped and spayed while she was still technically a stray, though I knew she was coming home, and she was an adult almost 2 years old with at least 3 litters under her belt according to my vet (judging by the state of her uterus)

I dread Queen Eva's spay and will be needing a lot of support when the time comes!

please read this first

Tags
affectionate , anxiety , baby , behavior , belly , box , boy , care , cat , cats , changed , communication , crazy , crying , eating , food , found , friendly , growling , growls , healthy , heat , hey , hiss , hissing , home , house , kitten , kitty , litter , litter box , love , lucky , oops , opinion , pee , personality , picture , pictures , play , playing , queen , question , sleeping , socialize , type

Sponsored Cat Links