It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-12-2010   #1 (permalink)
kat
Cool Cat

My Mood: Angelic
kat is on a distinguished road
Default Cat cannot seem to make up her mind!!!

Hey all,

I have just recently brought home a little guy - he is only 6 weeks old. I currently have a Tortie who is 12 months old, and she has been the only "child" since her arrival last year November. When I brought Dizi (my new little man) she hissed and growled like there's no tomorrow... and me, not having any experience of this panicked, and thought that maybe it was not a good idea to keep little Dizi.. but, thanks to "I love cats" website, things have changed I am a lot more patient, and have realized that Sasha's behavior is very normal... however... she can't seem to make up her mind, whether she likes Dizi or not. what she does is, when I get home, I open the door to Dizi's safe room, so that they can socialize a bit, even if it does include a bit of hissing... I am always a watching distance away, cause Dizi is still so defenseless, but Sasha, after hissing will then roll onto her back (when I am not around - or at least she cannot see me) and stretches out her legs at him...). When I googled this behavior in general, it said that this is a friendly gesture... so, I'm a bit confused, she cannot seem to make up her mind my little lady... please give me some of your opinions as to what this could mean... she is still so terrified of him when he runs towards her in a playful way... I just cannot wait for the day Sasha warms up to him... then you will all see some very cosy pictures of the 2 of them

Thank you, and I look forward to your responses!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 10-12-2010   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

Hissing and growling like that is just another form of communication. My Jennie swears at every body all the time. She's always hissing and growling and it means nothing.

You are correct that lying belly up and stretching paws out to Dizi is a friendly gesture, it means "I want to play!", so just ignore the cussing.

I would continue to keep them separate when you are not there to supervise for a few more weeks.

Dizi is lucky he has an older cat to teach him how to be a cat, 6 weeks is much much too young to have left his mother, poor baby was he an abandoned kitten?

I predict in the next few weeks they will begin playing together and soon after that you may even begin to have cat piles!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
The Following User Says Thank You to acerlt For This Useful Post:
kat
Unread 10-12-2010   #3 (permalink)
kat
Cool Cat

Thank you for your advise acerlt,

Yes, I'm hoping Sasha warms up to him, but I think it is a good sign thus far, since I've only had him for 1 week...
yes, shame the poor baby was found at my work in the warehouse next to the diesel fuel tank - hence the name Diesel , he was starving, he hadn't eaten for days... a real little fighter, because the security guard that works here told me that he heard a kitten crying on the Friday before I found him, and I found him on the following Monday, but they couldn't find where the cries were coming from... so he didn't get help for so long - so for such a little baby to be without food for that amount of time, it just shows what a fighter he is... that's what I think anyway, And now... he's healthy, eating and playing well, and even using the litter box without anyone teaching him how to, such a trooper - But I'm so excited to see how Dizi and Sasha are going to become, cannot wait! Sasha is a very affectionate cat, and it seems Dizi is lovable too - so I'm assuming all of this can just turn into good things.

Sorry, may be a stupid question but what are cat piles????
Unread 10-12-2010   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Heehee a cat pile is just what it sounds like, a pile of cats.

like these for instance:

Unread 10-12-2010   #5 (permalink)
kat
Cool Cat

hahahah! LOVE IT!!! Lets all hold thumbs that I end up with a pile of cats!!!
Unread 10-12-2010   #6 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

I just had a look at your album, those are just priceless pictures! All paws crossed here that your cats pile up soon.

You may have noticed that my Red Boy, Tolly, is in all of those piles. Tolly loves to snuggle with another kitty. I was not at all surprised to find him piled with the new kitten (Queen Eva) only a couple of weeks after she was integrated.

I'm going to have to update my own albums, as Queen Eva is not in them yet!
The Following User Says Thank You to acerlt For This Useful Post:
kat
Unread 10-12-2010   #7 (permalink)
kat
Cool Cat

Thank you, yes if I may say so myself, my kitties are just purrrfect!!!

I noticed that your "red boy" is in all the photo's sooooo cute! bless him!

This is why I loooove cats - they're just so precious! You never know what they'll do next! Like Sasha, she's got a thing for garbage bins... in the house... she is constantly pulling them over (as you will see in one of the photo's in my album, she's just about to pull over the bin) to see what is inside of it for her to play with... I just want to eat her up when she does this, its so cute. And Dizi, well he is still so young, but he also just has a certain personality which makes him so unique and different... you can't help but love them both so very much...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PROUD MUMMY OF DIZI AND SASHA!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Unread 10-12-2010   #8 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

I did giggle over the picture of Sasha peeking at you over the garbage can. I love her kitten picture too.

Oh I meant to tell you congratulations on the rescue of Dizi. He's a darling bit of fluff. My Tolly was that tiny, only five weeks old when I found him (or he found me rather). Queen Eva, who is four months old now, was also only 4 weeks old when I first met her, and she Chose me then, though it took me another four weeks to get her out of her bad situation.

I look forward to reading more about your happy furry family. It's clear you like to spend a lot of time with them, and that's wonderful. Some people don't realize that the more attention you pay to your pets, the more their unique personalities will emerge.
Unread 10-12-2010   #9 (permalink)
kat
Cool Cat

hehe, yes, she makes me giggle with her ways everyday... I love to spend time with them... its so true what they say... cats take away any bit of stress you may be feeling, and I'm feeling so much lighter with life since I've had them in my life Although, I am beginning with my end of year exams in 2 and a half weeks, but when I'm at home all I want to do is devote my time to my little noe-noe's, and since Dizi is still so new, and still getting used to his surroundings I can't keep myself away.
When I found Dizi, there were lots of reasons why I kept him... but, my little fluffy family is a little circle of life... Sasha came into my life when I needed a saviour, and here I am saving little Dizi... so we've got a little circle of life in my household... Sasha found me at the best timing of my life, and I found Dizi when he was on the verge of death (at the best timing of his life).

But, I still need lots of advise, and I will ask many more questions as the years go by as all I want is for my little ones to have the best life EVER! With everything that they will ever need from me, AS THEIR HUMAN MUMMY!

PROUD MUMMY OF DIZI AND SASHA!!!

Unread 10-12-2010   #10 (permalink)
Cool Cat

Lu_Bloodmoon is on a distinguished road

It's so true that cats are very relaxing and I'm the proof of that. This year of 2010 is not the best year for me and I've been through some tough stuff in the last months. Lately I was always very stressed, having anxiety attacks and very painful migraines that made me go to the hospital constantly.

Since I brought my kitten home, about 2 weeks ago, I started to feel better immediately. I come home and can effectively "disconnect" from work which is my number one source for stress and anxiety.
I have my little boy to take care of and he keeps me distracted not to mention a great company he is. My migraines disappeared, I'm not so stressed all the time and I am even sleeping much better at night.

I started calling him my therapy kitten.

"Dogs have masters. Cats have servants."

Tags
affectionate , anxiety , baby , behavior , belly , box , boy , care , cat , cats , changed , communication , crazy , crying , eating , food , found , friendly , growling , growls , healthy , heat , hey , hiss , hissing , home , house , kitten , kitty , litter , litter box , love , lucky , oops , opinion , pee , personality , picture , pictures , play , playing , queen , question , sleeping , socialize , type

Sponsored Cat Links