It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-24-2010   #1 (permalink)
Kitten

Zipfelmuetze is on a distinguished road
Default A Friend for my Cat

I have been thinking about getting another cat friend for my current 8 month old neutered male cat. I am however worried that another cat will cause one or both of the cats to become territorial and spray.

What do you recommend? Is it easier for a male cat to be with another male cat or should I get a female?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 10-24-2010   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

How exciting! Moses getting a friend!

I recommend getting a young adult spayed female. There is lots you can do to help the introductions and integrations go well, and several members here have only recently added cats to their single cat households as well.

Start visiting the shelter now and see who Chooses you.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 10-24-2010   #3 (permalink)
Top Cat

My Mood: Blah
AuntKitty is on a distinguished road

What a great idea!!!! People have the misconceived notion that cats are "loners" but that is not true. Your cat is still young enough where he will be accepting of a new cat. Especially if nobody is home all day and out working, a cat should NEVER be left home all day alone without the company of another cat. It is just plain CRUEL. When you bring home the new cat, keep them in separate rooms at fist. After a day, switch and put the new cat in the room where your resident cat was and put your resident cat where your new cat was so they get used to each others smell. Take it slow. Cats are usually much better adjusted socially when they have a cat companion. I have a friend that got a kitten. She works all day and keeps the poor kitten locked in the bathroom all day until she comes home. Then she cant understand why the kitten runs all over the house when she comes home and doesn't want to be held. I've been trying to get her to get a companion cat for her kitten but she won't listen.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Mother of Magic, Midnight, Topaz and Emerald
There is nothing more beautiful than the sound of a purring kitty
Unread 10-24-2010   #4 (permalink)
Kitten

Zipfelmuetze is on a distinguished road

Young adult female sounds perfect!
Do two males tend to fight more?

The kitten story sounds awful!

Tags
adult , another cat , cat , cats , female , fight , great , hey , home , house , kitten , kitty , male , new cat , resident cat , shelter , smell , spayed , story , territorial

Sponsored Cat Links