It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 12-28-2010   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

shini is on a distinguished road
Default My cat behaviour of hiding clothes

My sweet 7 month old female cat is doing strange behaviour. She climbs to neighbour's house and picks up any of their clothes that she likes from their house and carries along in her mouth and brings it to my house and hides it in her basket where she sleeps and plays. It is very embarrasing sometime as I have to return them back many a times. She even picks up my socks, my trousers and shirts too and hides them at night under my bed or in her basket. Earlier I thought she is playing a game and is always in playful mood as she is very cheerful and active all the time. But now as she started bringing things from other's houses I am worried it is normal behaviour or why she is doing this. She must recognise that those things are not from our home and are strangers clothes. Please advise.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 12-28-2010   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

Hello and welcome to the forum! I have heard of other cats doing things like this (stealing from the neighbors)

I have a cat who likes to relocate objects, and if I let her roam outside she probably would come home with other people's stuff, like your kitty. However my cats remain inside where they are safe from the evils of the world.

The solution is to keep her inside and provide her with plenty of interactive game time yourself for mental and physical stimulation.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
The Following User Says Thank You to acerlt For This Useful Post:
Unread 01-13-2011   #3 (permalink)
Newborn

ToledoCats is on a distinguished road

Sounds like you have yourself a cat burglar. Hardy har har. Cats often claim things that smell like the people they like. Currently I have a foster who's been theiving my socks...and I still can't figure out where he's stashing them all. You can stop this by not leaving clothes laying around for her to find. Or you could bother spraying them with perfume, but if you're gonna do that you may as well just put them away.
Unread 02-01-2011   #4 (permalink)
Kitten

My Mood: Busy
J.J. is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to J.J.

It's funny you mentioned this subject Shini cause Tasha does the same thing but, with our clothes. Yes I understand the part of being embaressed ( we sometimes find underwears and socks lying on the couch or on the ground ) And it's so frustrating when sorting clothes not finding the other pair of socks. She did that quite a while and I don't know some how by time she stoped..

I think the reason is cause we gave her objects and furry toys to play with and she never bothered to bother our clothes again.

Last edited by J.J.; 02-01-2011 at 04:06 AM.
Unread 02-06-2011   #5 (permalink)
Kitten

My Mood: Busy
Sunlight is on a distinguished road
Smile

My cats love our clothes, too.
A few days ago my husband looked my leg and told me to go to buy socks for myself. On one of my leg I had dark green, on the other one dark blue socks. I told to my husband I just have to find where Midnight took my socks and everything will be alright again.
Unread 03-19-2011   #6 (permalink)
Newborn

tweetyksc is on a distinguished road

That's funny - lil cat burglar.
Maybe you need to train her to put this skill to good use

I know someone who just brought home a dog (about 2 years old), a rescue from down south. The dog was in the kids bedroom the first night and picked up clothes - they were wondering what he was gonna do with them and he walked over and put them in the hamper! He said he does that all the time.
Unread 03-20-2011   #7 (permalink)
Top Cat

My Mood: Cool
kskat is on a distinguished road

Could he be inside only? That way the neighbors would be happy!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tags
behaviour , cat , cats , color , dog , female , foster , fun , funny , game , happy , hey , hiding , home , house , kitty , love , night , play , playing , rescue , smell , stealing , stop

Sponsored Cat Links