It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-12-2011   #11 (permalink)
Kitten

My Mood: Busy
J.J. is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to J.J.
Unhappy

I know exactly how you feel. I experieced this kind of action 3 times. We had a cat named Nibbles--- We gave him all the love and care to him..( He was actually a spoild cat).... He loved living with So much but, some how he managed to climb the wall and ran a way but, that's not all......... HE CAME BACK which put us in a state of shock.. He came inside looking misreble( he must've had a fight with another cat.. we were so glad of his returning and he did it a gain. He ran a way then, he comes back and he does it over and over again.. ( We even started to give up on him ) He just comes to our house eat his food, use the litter and hits the road. It's so frustrating Until one day he never came back. We felt sad a moment and frustrated in the same time but, then as time pass by, we had 2 male cats ( Leo and Deemo ) we gave them all the love and all of a sudden, they just run a way.. I just don't understand!!! Why do they run a way although they were the happiest cats in the world, They loved us 2.. but, after these incidents I realize that maybe it is a cats nature to explore as most of you said.. maybe they got sick of indoors and they wanted a change..

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 01-12-2011   #12 (permalink)
Newborn

animateme is on a distinguished road

Thank you all again for your replies. We will try the harness-leash to walk him around and see how that goes. We do understand that there are cats that never, ever go outside but in our case we see a couple of reasons why we should let him outside: 1) There is hardly ever any sun shinning inside the house through the windows and he really enjoys lying in the sun 2) We also have a dog, who is mostly outside in the yard, and it's kind of unfair to have the cat watch the dog enjoying the outdoors from inside the house through the window

Anyway, we'll have to work something out and hopefully he will not want to leave again but if he does, we will try to help him know the way back home.

Thanks again.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 01-12-2011   #13 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.J. View Post
I know exactly how you feel. I experieced this kind of action 3 times. We had a cat named Nibbles--- We gave him all the love and care to him..( He was actually a spoild cat).... He loved living with So much but, some how he managed to climb the wall and ran a way but, that's not all......... HE CAME BACK which put us in a state of shock.. He came inside looking misreble( he must've had a fight with another cat.. we were so glad of his returning and he did it a gain. He ran a way then, he comes back and he does it over and over again.. ( We even started to give up on him ) He just comes to our house eat his food, use the litter and hits the road. It's so frustrating Until one day he never came back. We felt sad a moment and frustrated in the same time but, then as time pass by, we had 2 male cats ( Leo and Deemo ) we gave them all the love and all of a sudden, they just run a way.. I just don't understand!!! Why do they run a way although they were the happiest cats in the world, They loved us 2.. but, after these incidents I realize that maybe it is a cats nature to explore as most of you said.. maybe they got sick of indoors and they wanted a change..
Were they neutered? Intact males will run off for long periods of time, and often don't ever come back

What kind of action did you take, to find them?

It's not not that the cats "run away" It's much more likely, I am sorry to say, that something happened to them.

We can hope, that if they were injured, some other people took them in and kept them inside, which, in my opinion, is where cats belong.

Safe from cars, other predators and sick people.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first

Last edited by acerlt; 01-13-2011 at 08:57 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 01-12-2011   #14 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by animateme View Post
Thank you all again for your replies. We will try the harness-leash to walk him around and see how that goes. We do understand that there are cats that never, ever go outside but in our case we see a couple of reasons why we should let him outside: 1) There is hardly ever any sun shinning inside the house through the windows and he really enjoys lying in the sun 2) We also have a dog, who is mostly outside in the yard, and it's kind of unfair to have the cat watch the dog enjoying the outdoors from inside the house through the window

Anyway, we'll have to work something out and hopefully he will not want to leave again but if he does, we will try to help him know the way back home.

Thanks again.
Harness training takes time,usually. You can't just slap it on him and take him out and expect him to know what it's for....at least not usually. And remember not to ever leave him out there alone while in harness and leashed, and never ever EVER tether a cat.

My cats go out in harness and drag their "strings" behind them, I go out with them, they are never left in the yard alone.

when it's time to come in, I call to them and they come to the door and wait for me to unharness them before they run up the stairs

Tolly (stands right by the door)

Mazy (stands by the litter boxes)

Jennie (sits on the stair)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Unread 01-13-2011   #15 (permalink)
Kitten

My Mood: Busy
J.J. is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to J.J.

Quote:
Originally Posted by acerlt View Post
Were they neutered? Intact males will run off for long periods of time, and often don't ever come back

What kind of action did you take, to find them?

It's not not that the cats "run away" It's much more likely, I am sorry to say, that something happened to them.

We can hope, that if they were injured, some other people took them in and kept them inside, which, in my opinion, is where cats belong.

Safe from cars, other predators and sick people.
yes, Nibbles and Deemo were neutered but, Leo ran a way the day before his check up... Deemo and Leo ran a way and they never came back as for Nibbles.. he just keeps runin away and coming back continuesly until he never showed up.. as you said maybe he's hurt( I thought of that 2 )

Tags
adopted , affordable , animal , another cat , boy , car , cat , cat food , cats , collar , color , commercial , cut , feral , food , found , guide , happy , home , house , hurt , internet , kitty , lost , love , male , morning , natural , night , opinion , picture , scream , search , shelter , shelters , sleeping , smell , snaps , stray , suggestions , type , window

Sponsored Cat Links