It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-18-2011   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

Tiger is on a distinguished road
Default jealousy

Tiger has been acting very odd the past several months. He has been getting mad at my mothers cat. First off my mothers cat is always going for my lap. Wanting all that Tiger gets. Tiger isn't a lap cat. He knows I belong to him. The 2 have been fighting. Tiger stares at Preacious when preacious steals my lap. He used to love Temptations treats and now ever since he saw his once buddy get some he will not touch them. He will not eat his food when he sees or hears the other cat come for his share. I gave tiger some food tonight and preacious came running and vocalizing. Tiger walked away figuring preacious would get some too. I had to give him some on my bed for him to eat. Tiger is mellow but dominant.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 04-19-2011   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

Tiger does not sound dominant to me. How long has the other cat been living with you? Is your mother there too?

You need to focus on Tiger more. If he wants to eat on your bed, feed him on your bed. Spend a lot of time with him playing and cuddling and grooming.

Install some feliway plug in diffusers.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 04-21-2011   #3 (permalink)
Newborn

The cats are two weeks apart. Both adopted at the same time from the same place and cage. My mothers cat will not snuggle with her. He probably doesn't feel secure where she has balance issues. I do basically what Tiger wants except completely ignore the other cat. That is the next step. No more animals except for a dog where I have him. He and my rabbit both demand attention when they see that the other is getting some. he is my focus. My vet knows I will do what I can for my animals. I've already brought my rabbit to the vets 9 times in her 4 yrs. It would be no different for Tiger if there was an underlieing issue that needs to be resolved medically. I'll continue to feed him more and more attention and ignore the other cat.
Unread 04-21-2011   #4 (permalink)
kat
Cool Cat

My Mood: Angelic
kat is on a distinguished road

Sasha was going through that phase with Dizi, everything Dizi touched she would not go near it, doesn't matter how much she loves it... be it food, her bed, a certain blanket, but now, I've noticed that she has calmed down a lot. I give them both the same amount of affection and I've also learnt certain traits about them, like Dizi LOVES to bat heads with us, so I do that with him where as Sasha loves having her back scratched just above her tail, and I do that to both of them at the same time when they're both around asking for it... I can definitely see a change in Sasha, she is a lot more tolerant towards her little brother, however she still has the odd growl when he's just irritating her and being a real little terror... I've just been patient and let them be, and all has worked itself out.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PROUD MUMMY OF DIZI AND SASHA!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to kat For This Useful Post:
Unread 04-21-2011   #5 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

Are you saying that Tiger and the other cat have lived together all their lives? Just let them work it out on their own then, like Kat says. There is no reason for you to ignore any of the animals, just make sure Tiger gets the bulk of your attention.

please read this first
Unread 04-21-2011   #6 (permalink)
Newborn

Thanks. He is my first cat. May be my last. I don't think i'd be able tohave another cat where Tiger and I are close. I worry about him when I'm not home at night while he runs all over the house looking and crying for me.

Tags
adopted , another cat , bat , cat , cats , crying , dog , fighting , food , grooming , growl , hey , home , house , love , mat , night , playing , vet , worry

Sponsored Cat Links