It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-06-2012   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

chellek2012 is on a distinguished road
Default Cat spraying on me. help

Last Thursday I noticed my cat was acting kind of strange, then that evening he jumped up the couch next to me and pee'd all over me and the couch. First thing Friday morning I called the vet and as I assumed, he has a UTI and is now on medication. Ok I can deal with this. Until tonight when he did it again. Not as bad but the fact remains he is doing it on ME. I have other cats that had UTI's and none of them ever did this. I love my cat but cannot continue to let him pee on me. What do I do? Will it stop when the infection is gone? Please help, there is nothing I dislike more than someone who smells like cat pee.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 05-06-2012   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

Good job getting him right to the vet. He may still be having some pain. You can ask your vet for some pain medication for a day or two to help ease his anxiety about using the litter box.

NOT metacam. Buprenex (buprophenine) would be appropriate for pain for a UTI. NOT metacam.

You probably already know he is avoiding the box because he blames it for his pain. He is peeing ON you, because he doesn't know how else to communicate with you his problem.

How many cats do you have? How many litter boxes? You should have at least one box per cat, plus one more. Keep them scrupulously clean, scooping as often as they are used, when you are home to do it.

Make sure none of the other cats are blocking him from using the boxes.

What are you feeding him? A cat with a UTI needs lots and lots of wet food, (no fishy foods) Cats need a lot of moisture in their food, and feeding canned is the way to be sure they get it.

He is neutered?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 05-07-2012   #3 (permalink)
Newborn

chellek2012 is on a distinguished road
Default cat spraying me

Yes my cat is neutered. I have only 1 cat, he and has a nice large litter box that I keep very clean, I love cats but hate cat smell. The thing is, he is not avoiding his box. He used it all weekend. He does seem to have some trouble but he does keep going back. I am feeding him canned food and giving him his antibiotic twice a day so I don't know what else to do. I am going to call the vet again today and see if they have any ideas and ask about pain meds. Thank you for the idea.

Tags
antibiotic , anxiety , box , cat , cats , clean , food , hey , home , infection , litter , litter box , litter boxes , love , morning , nice , pee , peeing , problem , smell , stop , uti , vet , wet food

Sponsored Cat Links