It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-14-2012   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

HRPR is on a distinguished road
Default Old geezer female cat suddenly acting ornery/wants to spray everywhere?

I have a 14 year old female cat, she is spayed. Has always been clean around the house no accidents or spraying. Now she is walking up to walls, peeing on clothes, basically everywhere she can. No other cats in the house and her litterbox is clean. Any thoughts on this? It is too late to take her to the vet today so I will do that tomorrow if I can.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 05-14-2012   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

Urinary tract infection would be my first guess. Very painful condition. I'm glad you will take her to the vet tomorrow.

I recommend your vet take a urine sample to check for bacteria, blood and/or crystals in the urine, and have blood-work done too. At her age early detection of other diseases that might cause this kind of litter box avoidance (could be kidney disease or diabetes) is key in treatment.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first

Last edited by acerlt; 05-14-2012 at 08:39 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 05-15-2012   #3 (permalink)
Top Cat

My Mood: Cool
kskat is on a distinguished road

Were you able to get her in to the vet? She is most likely ill, early treatment can be a life saver!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Unread 05-18-2012   #4 (permalink)
Newborn

I took her to the vet.

They think it's a bladder infection so they gave her some amoxicillin.
Unread 05-19-2012   #5 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Thanks for the update. I do urge you though to have blood work done. Often a UTI in a senior cat, who has never had one before, is indicative of the beginning of kidney failure. The earlier it's caught, the longer she will be with you.

Hope she's feeling lots better now.

please read this first
Unread 06-08-2012   #6 (permalink)
Newborn

Well she had trouble peeing again and then got better for a few days. Now she is having trouble again. Thoughts? The vet says she doesn't have any stones but wants to Xray her tomorrow.
Unread 06-09-2012   #7 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

Absolutely have the x rays done and insist on BLOOD WORK and a URINE CULTURE.

Poor kitty, she must be so uncomfortable. Hope you can find the source of the problem soon.

please read this first

Tags
age , bladder , box , cat , cats , clean , diabetes , female , hey , house , infection , kitty , litter , litter box , litterbox , peeing , problem , senior , senior cat , spayed , thoughts , uncomfortable , urine , uti , vet

Sponsored Cat Links