It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-23-2012   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

Keller0203 is on a distinguished road
Default Mess in Spare bedroom

Well I went home today at lunch like I always do, and I went into the sapre bedroom to find a pile of poop. I have 3 babes, so I am not sure who did it. This has never happened in the house before. All 3 of my babes are really good about using the litter box and have never pooped on purpose oustide of the box until now. It was fresh and was very stinky, so I know that anal glands are working. I think that it was out little one who is just over a year and a half. Once the roommate moved out she has claimed the new room as her's. We did have a friend over this weekend and she was sitting in her window in that room. he came into the room and she started to growl at him. She has not done this to anyone since she was a little kitten. She does have a tendency to hide when people are over, but will be out when my husband and I are home. What can I do to make sure that she doesn't poop in that room again, and why did she do it? I know that I should probably put another litter box in the other room. I do feel bad I only have one for all 3 of them and I clean it out all of the time. So, I know that it isn't a stinky box, being the reason that she did this. I am just really worried about her. My other two babes are extremely social animals and I want her to not be afraid at all. HELP!!!!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 07-23-2012   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

Many cats prefer to poop in one box and pee in another. It is instinctive survival behavior.

I'm glad you keep the one box clean, but sometimes it just isn't enough. If two cats have already pooped and peed, and you haven't been home to scoop, that means the third has to use a very dirty box. That may cause a fastidious cat to go elsewhere.

For three cats I would have at least three litter boxes.

Keep at least one in a different place from the others, in case someone is being a litter box bully.

If the problem continues after adding boxes, there may be a health issue so you will have to be detective and figure out for sure who is doing it and get that kitty to the vet.

One more thing. Be sure to use an enzymatic cleaner on the spot to prevent repeat use of that area.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 07-24-2012   #3 (permalink)
Newborn

But why would this all of a sudden be a new thing? She has not had an issue going in the other box before. Would this be that sudden of a change? I am going to add in the second box into that room. I will have to work out a place to put a 3rd box...My condo is really small and I only have 830 sq ft. So... it might take awhile to figure out place number 3.
Unread 07-25-2012   #4 (permalink)
Top Cat

My Mood: Cool
kskat is on a distinguished road

How long has it been since the cats were vet checked? A sudden behavior change is often the first sign, cats are experts at hiding illness. Being extra stinky also makes me wonder.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Unread 07-25-2012   #5 (permalink)
Newborn

It has been awhile for all of them. They are all indoor and never go outside except on the balcony and with adult supervision. The poop was only stinky since it was new and had no odor blocking litter on it. I am watching all of them closely and making sure all is good. No more messes at the moment. everyone went in the box since then. I wonder if it had anything to do with the house guest that we had. She did growl at him before she pooped in that room and that is the room that he stays in.. just a thought.

Tags
adult , behavior , box , bully , cats , clean , growl , health , hey , hiding , home , house , indoor , kitten , kitty , litter , litter box , litter boxes , mess , pee , poop , problem , small , social , vet , window

Sponsored Cat Links