It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 08-24-2012   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

ChilliwackChick is on a distinguished road
Default Severe History of Aggression

I have a cat that has been extremely aggressive toward two other cats I used to own. The first one died of kidney failure, but I had to keep them completely separated for their entire lives because they fought like crazy every time they saw each other. The aggressive one would hunt down the other one and attack him relentlessly. He did the same thing with another new cat we adopted despite our best efforts to follow proper introduction techniques. I really want to get another cat, but I am terrified about whether or not the aggressive cat will torture a new cat again as I don't want to put another cat through that kind of life...being locked away and stressed. I switched them back and forth often, but I always hated having to keep them separated.

The aggressive cat is a 13-year-old neutered male. I do have another cat with whom he is fine, so I don't know what the issue was with the other two he attacked all of the time as they were both also neutered males.

Does anyone have any advice for me?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 08-24-2012   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

Some cats are just so territorial they really cannot tolerate any other cats in their territory.

I'm glad there is one cat he can tolerate but I don't think it's fair to the other cats, to bring them in, only to make them have to lose their home after getting used to it, after your one kitty refuses to accept them. I think you should resign yourself to being a two cat household for now.

Maye you can volunteer at a shelter to get your extra kitty fix.

Or foster sick kitties, that need to be kept separate anyway. Once they are well, they go on to other foster care where they can be put up for adoption.

I'm sorry about your recent loss.

PS some feliway plug in diffusers would be a good thing to have going in your house, I think.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 03-17-2014   #3 (permalink)
Kitten

butterflyH is on a distinguished road

Think about the “triggers” that might be causing the fights. For example, your cats may fight when both want attention from you, or they may fight over preferred resting places, or they may fight when they see another cat outdoors.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tags
adopted , adoption , advice , aggression , aggressive , another cat , attack , care , cat , cats , crazy , fights , foster , hey , home , introduction , kitties , kitty , loss , male , new cat , shelter , sick , territorial

Sponsored Cat Links