It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-13-2013   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

missa is on a distinguished road
Default My cat is very moody

We have a cat I fostered and bottle fed from 3 weeks old. Now, she does not sit on laps, she very rarely comes close for a scratch and when you pick her up she moans and moans. However, at night, she sleeps next to my head by my pillow and will slap my hand around until it is palm up, she pulls my hand towards her between her paws and sleeps with her head in my palm and one of her arms resting on my skin. Also, when I'm sick, I often wake up to her cleaning my face. I don't understand her behaviour at all. Does she not want affection? Do I leave her to come to me? She must love me to some extent based on her actions otherwise.. She is one of four. The other three are all over you all the time. When I fostered two kittens that were three days old, this cat went and caught food for them, groomed them and watched them all the time. But she is very aloof in ways that other cats are very affectionate. Also, oddly, this cat carries individually and places all her toys in her water bowl at night, as if to keep them together.

Last edited by missa; 02-13-2013 at 01:27 PM. Reason: additional info
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 02-13-2013   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

This is just her personality. She is who she is. Yes, I think you should just let her tell you when she wants attention, and let her do her own thing otherwise.

Lots of cats put toys in the water bowl, but I don't think anyone has ever figured out why. There is no "why" when cats are concerned, they do what they do because they are cats. LOL

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
The Following User Says Thank You to acerlt For This Useful Post:
Unread 02-14-2013   #3 (permalink)
Newborn

missa is on a distinguished road

Thank you I just worry about her because she isn't playful like the others and as I result I worry about how happy she is, but like you say, it's probably just her personality.
Unread 02-14-2013   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

You're welcome. Well, since she puts her toys in the water bowl over night you know she is playing in secret. She sounds like a happy girl to me. Do you have more than one water bowl? I'm thinking if the other cats want to drink, and they find the bowl full of toys....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Unread 03-17-2014   #5 (permalink)
Kitten

butterflyH is on a distinguished road

Avoid the cat until he is calm. Interaction can lead to injury, and any attention, including punishment, may encourage his behavior.

Unread 03-27-2014   #6 (permalink)
Top Cat

My Mood: Cool
kskat is on a distinguished road

Oh, what is her name? I love her, she has a wonderful pursonality! She shows you tons of affection, didn't you see all those things you wrote down? She sounds like such a sweetheart!
I live in the country and have 16 rescue cats, some started out feral. They all have their own pursonalities, some very lovey and some pretty darn distant. Sixteen cats, 16 pursonalities!

Tags
behavior , behaviour , calm , cat , cats , cleaning , feral , girl , happy , hey , love , night , over night , personality , playing , rescue , scratch , sick , toys , wake , water , worry

Sponsored Cat Links