It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-24-2015   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

bri10110 is on a distinguished road
Unhappy My kitty doesn't love me?

I've had my cat Binx for about three and a half years now. I've helped raise him and his brother and sisters. She had another litter of cats by the time Binx was one. I ended up getting rid of the momma and the others, keeping Binx and two others from the second litter. Maisie and Ella. The three are all very close. They play and groom each other and sleep together. But Binx doesn't seem to keen of me. He has his moments with me where he's very lovey and he'll come up and lay in my lap want me to pet him, but rarely ever! He loves to play with me and he sleeps in my room every night. Including the other two. He's always been so playful and outgoing but last year we found out he was prone to getting crystals and that has been really hard. He's now on a special cat food and he's good as new. Binx is a strange cat. He doesn't care for attention from others who don't live in the house, (usually). But my dads fiancé moved in about a year ago and he fell in love with her! Whenever she's around he's constantly rubbing up against her or if she's sitting in the living room he'll go and lay on her lap or try to lay on her chest. He even gets super cuddly with my dad. And my dad does not care for cats at all. I just don't understand why he's like this with them, when they do nothing and barely spend time with him. I'm with him and my other two cats constantly. I feed them, clean their litter boxes and like I said earlier, they sleep with me. My other two cats, Maisie and Ella are the complete opposite. They don't bother with my dad or his fiancé and tend to stick around me and follow me around. I was just wondering why Binx isn't close to me the way the other two are. Any answers or help would be grateful appreciated. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. I've even tried spending time alone with just him and nothing works. If I've missed anything and you have any questions for me please just ask! Thank you so much.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 05-01-2015   #2 (permalink)
Newborn

thecatproblems is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bri10110 View Post
I've had my cat Binx for about three and a half years now. I've helped raise him and his brother and sisters. She had another litter of cats by the time Binx was one. I ended up getting rid of the momma and the others, keeping Binx and two others from the second litter. Maisie and Ella. The three are all very close. They play and groom each other and sleep together. But Binx doesn't seem to keen of me. He has his moments with me where he's very lovey and he'll come up and lay in my lap want me to pet him, but rarely ever! He loves to play with me and he sleeps in my room every night. Including the other two. He's always been so playful and outgoing but last year we found out he was prone to getting crystals and that has been really hard. He's now on a special cat food and he's good as new. Binx is a strange cat. He doesn't care for attention from others who don't live in the house, (usually). But my dads fiancé moved in about a year ago and he fell in love with her! Whenever she's around he's constantly rubbing up against her or if she's sitting in the living room he'll go and lay on her lap or try to lay on her chest. He even gets super cuddly with my dad. And my dad does not care for cats at all. I just don't understand why he's like this with them, when they do nothing and barely spend time with him. I'm with him and my other two cats constantly. I feed them, clean their litter boxes and like I said earlier, they sleep with me. My other two cats, Maisie and Ella are the complete opposite. They don't bother with my dad or his fiancé and tend to stick around me and follow me around. I was just wondering why Binx isn't close to me the way the other two are. Any answers or help would be grateful appreciated. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. I've even tried spending time alone with just him and nothing works. If I've missed anything and you have any questions for me please just ask! Thank you so much.

You want your cat to know that it is safe and protected.If they know this ,they love you much better.Its good to make your cat to feel she has a space inside home.Spend some time with your cat so that both of you could understand better.invite cat onto your lap,but don't drag them onto you.Some cats like lap some not.Rub them gently using your hand.All cats like to rub them gently and smoothly.Daily spend time to talk with him.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 01-13-2016   #3 (permalink)
Banned
Cool Cat

andrewgrayson15 is on a distinguished road

I think, Spend some time with your cat so that both of you could understand better. Invite cat onto your lap, but don't drag them onto you.Some cats like lap some not. Rub them gently using your hand. All cats like to rub them gently and smoothly. Daily spend time to talk with him.Here are six signs your cat just might actually love you:1. Your cat doesn't flee the room when you show up.
2. Your cat saunters by with an upright, curled tail.
3. Your cat locks eyes and gives you a slow blink.
4. Your cat wants to do your hair and lick your face.
5. Your cat rubs you with his or her cheek.
6. Your cat brings you “presents.
Unread 02-25-2016   #4 (permalink)
Newborn

Zoe Carballo is on a distinguished road

Well, the fact that the other two cats love you says you probably aren't doing anything WRONG. Maybe you just don't match the cat's personality! It seems like the cat does like you. Probably just not wowed by you. There's nothing wrong with that.

It could be something really simple like how you stroke the cat. Cats are REALLY fussy about how they like to be stroked. Most have different preferences of where and how. Watch your family and how they stroke her.

I live with my boyfriend. Our cat Holly (Princess Kitty McFluff) loves my boyfriend but hates the way he strokes her. He pets a little too hard and goes too close to her legs which she doesn't like. Whereas my mums cat George is more like a dog. You can rub his belly, pat him on the back, rub your hand up and down his fur and he loves it! (most cats hate these things!).

Take a look at my video below. At the end, Holly is really not pleased with the way she is being cuddled!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tags
behavior , care , cat , cat food , cats , clean , eyes , food , found , groom , hey , home , house , kitty , litter , litter boxes , love , moments , night , pet , play , sad , sleep , video

Sponsored Cat Links