It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-30-2015   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

My Mood: Happy
adamclare33 is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Why do my cats fight each other when another cat is at the window?

owners/mods of the site block my posts for no reason, and dont reply to messages, so i remove my post

Last edited by adamclare33; 06-05-2015 at 08:05 PM. Reason: owners/mods of the site block my posts for no reason, and dont reply to messages
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 05-31-2015   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

This is called Displaced Aggression.

First please STOP hitting Chief. You are teaching him only to fear you, and that it is okay to hit. You can't control aggression by being aggressive, and no one should ever hit an animal.

They can't help the way they are reacting, punishing them will not help them.

I don't deny you have a real problem. I had a cat with Displaced Aggression and it was very terrible, when he would start that wail and get so angry and attack me and the other cats.

Don't pick either cat up when this happens. You could be seriously injured. Instead drape a light blanket gently over the cat. This will immediately change things for him.

Leave the covered kitty in the room, step quietly out and let him recover in his own time.

Installing feliway plug in diffusers may help with the territorial feelings.

Rescue Remedy may also be helpful, especially if you know the outdoor cat's pattern. Otherwise just give the cats a treat with a couple drops of rescue remedy on it at certain times of the day.

Does this intact male have a home or is he a stray? He needs to be neutered, either way. If you know who he belongs to, contact the owner and ask them when they plan to have him neutered. If you think he is a stray, either take him to a shelter, or have him neutered yourself, and find a home for him.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
The Following User Says Thank You to acerlt For This Useful Post:
Unread 05-31-2015   #3 (permalink)
Newborn

My Mood: Happy
adamclare33 is on a distinguished road

Last edited by adamclare33; 06-05-2015 at 08:05 PM. Reason: owners/mods of the site block my posts for no reason, and dont reply to messages
Unread 12-30-2015   #4 (permalink)
Banned
Cool Cat

andrewgrayson15 is on a distinguished road

It can be very confusing and frustrating when companion cats behavior who have previously lived together in harmony, suddenly decide to engage in a turf war. In some cases, the cats have lived under one roof with an ongoing degree of tension that has now turned to outright hostility and aggression. Cat parents become understandably upset when watching their feline family turn the living room into a battlefield.

There are numerous reasons your cat might pick a fight with another furry feline, even if it's his normally beloved littermate. But if you learn to read the signals your cat is sending, you'll be able to minimize the chance of a squabble occurring, or stop a fight that's brewing.

Tags
advice , affectionate , age , aggressive , angry , another cat , apartment , cats , claws , fight , fighting , friends , fur , great , hey , home , litter , male , mat , personality , pet , playing , problem , save , scream , sleep , stop , story , water , window

Sponsored Cat Links