It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-10-2015   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

Popoki is on a distinguished road
Default Obedience Training

Hello Everyone! I was wondering if anyone knows of anyone or any company that does cat obedience training? I'm not looking for a website that just gives tips on how to do it, or a you tube video kind of thing, but an actual person that will train you to train your kitty.
I know cats are intelligent and many people have trained their own cats with and without clickers.
There are so many dog trainers, so why is it so hard to find a cat trainer?
Thanks to anyone that can help!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 01-19-2016   #2 (permalink)
Banned
Cool Cat

andrewgrayson15 is on a distinguished road

I agree with you and I also have a cat. No doubt that cats are very intelligent and I can also train my own cat. It is very important to train your cat because due to the training they learn how to behave to others in the home and outside the home. If you want to get more information about cats, then I will suggest you to get from the internet.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 06-14-2017   #3 (permalink)
Kitten

butterflyH is on a distinguished road

Cats are very hard to train in obedience. Cats normally will do what they want to when they want to no matter what you do. Usually when a cat is under foot, circling your feet and rubbing against you it is a sign of affection. Reach down and pet him and show the kitty a little love.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following User Says Thank You to butterflyH For This Useful Post:
Unread 06-14-2017   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

Cats can be trained, but "obedience" is the wrong term. Cats can be trained where to scratch, and where not to scratch. Some people have trained their cats to do tricks. They can be trained where to eat, when to eat. They of course instinctive know how to use their litter boxes. But "obedience"? No.

Cats learn what you want them to do with positive reinforcement. You don't punish them for doing something you don't want them to do. You give them something else to replace the behavior.

You redirect. Then reward, when they do the right thing. Cats are intelligent animals and they like routine, they like everything to run along the way they expect it to run. So teach them gently, patiently, and lovingly where you want them to scratch, and they will learn.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Unread 06-17-2017   #5 (permalink)
Kitten

Pete is on a distinguished road

Is it just me or does it sometimes appear to others that its the cats that are training us?

I love to give my cats kitty treats, they love them so much. I like to hold them right above their heads so that they have to stand up to get them. They grab my hands with the cute little paws in the process. I love it when they do that.

But my cat fluffy is not easy to please. He'll be a foot or two away and I'll hold it out for him to come and get. Yet he just sits there looking at me even when I know that he wants a kitty treat. So most times I just give up and come to him and then he'll stand up to get the treat.

Who's training who here?
Unread 06-17-2017   #6 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

Cats who live with trainable humans are very fortunate. It means the human really cares about kitty and her happiness.

I, too, am very well trained, though I suppose they might tel you that sometimes I am obtuse beyond belief haha, but I do always seem to get it in the end..

please read this first

Tags
behavior , cat , cat obedience , cats , clicker , dog , hey , home , information about cats , internet , kitty , litter , litter boxes , love , mat , obedience , person , pet , scratch , tips , training , tricks , video

Sponsored Cat Links