It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-01-2016   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

bester is on a distinguished road
Default I want my old cat back.

Hello cat lovers. I adopted my cat Clara, a year and a half ago when she was about two. Despite a small head and a crooked tail, she's beautiful. Clara was always an indoor cat before but slowly she took to the outdoors and now comes and goes as she pleases. She's been a wonderful house cat for my dad and I until about two months ago when her personality suddenly changed. I first noticed it when she meowed to come in but wouldn't; I had to go out and bring her in. Then instead of being her usual outgoing self, she crawled into my dad's closet and hid for a day or two. I catered to her at first by feeding her in there then brought her out for a chat but she wouldn't talk. She then took up living on top of the dryer in the utility room near the back door. Over the next few weeks I noticed that she never sat on the floor or anywhere down low as if there's a threat to her from the floor level. She still likes to go outside but every night I have pick her up and carry her back in. She's finally started sleeping on my bed at night but during the day she hides in the closet or sleeps on the dryer. If I put her on the floor, she runs to the next high level of safety. I don't know what could've spooked her this bad but my dad and I miss the old Clara and want her back. Any suggestions?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 05-01-2016   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

Yes, stop letting her out, and take her to the vet. Obviously something is seriously wrong with her.

She's probably been hit by a car or in a fight or attacked, and is in terrible pain.

Hopefully she has been spayed?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first

Last edited by acerlt; 05-01-2016 at 05:13 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 05-01-2016   #3 (permalink)
Newborn

bester is on a distinguished road

When I got her I was told she had been fixed and her shots were up to date. She doesn't have any physical signs of trauma and she certainly doesn't act like she's in pain. As soon as I pet her she starts purring but you could be right about the attack because she has a fear of something now. She only shows that fear indoors though; outside she's fine.
Unread 05-01-2016   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

Quote:
she certainly doesn't act like she's in pain.
Hiding away in a closet is certainly a cat acting like she is in pain. Cats have a million and one ways to hide pain. If this were my cat I would not let her outside ever again until I had cat proofed the yard so she can't get out of it and I would take her to the vet tomorrow.

Rule out physical problems before looking for other issues. Once she''s given a clean bill of health, or treated for what's wrong, you can look at her environment and see what might be causing her stress.

Let me know how she's doing. x

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first

Last edited by acerlt; 05-01-2016 at 08:18 PM.

Tags
adopted , attack , beautiful , car , cat , cat lovers , cats , changed , fight , fixed , house , indoor , lovers , night , personality , pet , scared , sleeping , small , spayed , stop , suggestions , vet

Sponsored Cat Links