It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-04-2016   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

abrahamseven is on a distinguished road
Default Strange behavior

Rusty is my barn cat that I feed and take care of. He never misses a meal, he is fixed. He went missing for about 3 days . He showed up finally but is acting strange, by that I mean he is acting like he is lost and confused he wanders around looking for something like he does not remember where he is . He don't eat much and never shows up until late in the evening. Then sometimes I don't see him for a day or two. Do cats get some form of dementia? I have 3 other barn cats also, they all seem normal.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 05-04-2016   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

How old is he? Elderly cats can get dementia. But I am wondering if he's been hurt in some way. Hit by a car, attacked, eaten poison. I'd take him to the vet.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 05-04-2016   #3 (permalink)
Newborn

Thanks for the information, although taking Rusty to the vet is not an option, he is a barn cat and I can pet him for a bit but I can't pick him up. He is not too old , 6 or 7 human years. He could have got injured however, I don't see any physical evidence. We live away from any major highways in a court. Is it fatal?

Last edited by abrahamseven; 05-04-2016 at 11:23 PM. Reason: Spelling
Unread 05-05-2016   #4 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

Get a havahart trap, bait it and trap him and take him to the vet. You can't just let him suffer.

You can probably borrow or rent one from a shelter or rescue, but it might be a good idea to have your own, if you have cats who can't be contained any other way.

This is what they look like:
Amazon.com : Havahart 1079 Live Animal Professional-Style One-Door Raccoon, Groundhog, Opossum, and Stray Cat Cage Trap : Home Pest Control Traps : Patio, Lawn & Garden

Your local Tractor Supply or whatever brand of farm store you have probably carries them.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Unread 05-06-2016   #5 (permalink)
Newborn

Yes, thank you . I have a trap , unfortunately Rusty has not showed up for any meals yet and if I set the trap and leave it for him without him showing up I may catch Freckles,Buster or Lucie. I am going to go to the Vet in New Plymouth and talk to her she is a Cat expert. What worries me is I haven't seen Rusty for a couple of days now.
Unread 05-09-2016   #6 (permalink)
Newborn

Ok, things have happened in the last few days. Rusty showed 3 days ago and still acting strange as before although showing improvement over the last few days.he missed dinner night before last and then shows up last night and Tonite acting almost normal. He let me pet him and he ate like he usually does, so what he had is is dissipating and he is getting back to normal. I would really like to know what he had. It was quite frustrating to see him that way and I could not do anything to help him. I am glad it is over with I like my barn cats and get pleasure in watching them and taking care of them . Thanks for your comments and advise.
Unread 05-19-2016   #7 (permalink)
Kitten

mic.alan is on a distinguished road

i think you should take your cat to vet...

Tags
animal , behavior , car , care , cat , cats , elderly , fixed , hey , home , hurt , lost , missing , night , pet , poison , rescue , shelter , strange behavior , stray , vet

Sponsored Cat Links