It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-27-2017   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

CallieCokitty is on a distinguished road
Default Wondering what could be wrong?

Hello I'm new to this site but I have had cats for a long time but the kitten I have now I got her July 4th 2016 she was I'm guessing 5-6 weeks old she was found in my mom co-workers car engine took them a while to get her out it was raining also. So the lady took her home and but the next day my mom's co-worker told her that she couldn't keep her and wanted to know if anyone there at work wanted her or she would have to take her to the animal shelter. Well we already have 2 cats and a dog so my mom said no we don't need anymore. But by the end of the day no one wanted her so my mom took her and gave her to me as a surprise! I had no idea any of this was happening. But I'm so glad she has been a blessing to me. I'm not sure but I believe she is a Calico main coon. Her name is Callie. I believe she was a feral kitten she was really scared and hissy when we would try to pet her or anything. But after a few days she began to bond with me like I was her mother she wanted held all the time and when I would put her down she would jump on me and want to be held she slept and cuddled with me every night every since then. but now for the past few weeks she won't hardly get on the bed. When she jumps on the bed she will rub my face with her head and pur I'll pet her then she jumps down. if I try to cuddle with her like before she gets mad, and if I pick her up and hold her while on the bed she hisses and jumps down. If I try to hold her standing up she will let me for a little bit then wants down. she is very playful and loving to me and my mom but scared of anyone else and different noises. Only thing I can think of is I moved into a different room about two weeks ago. But she was staring to be like that before. Now she just sleeps on my carpeted floor by my dresser I feel so sad for her laying down there. I put one of my fleece shirts on the floor and she sleeps on it or she sleeps in the window. When I'm sitting on the couch she will jump on my lap and sleep. I don't know what could be wrong?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
The Following User Says Thank You to CallieCokitty For This Useful Post:

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 02-27-2017   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

It sounds like she might be in pain. Has she been spayed yet?

Any change in litter box habits? Peeing normal sized pees? Pooping regularly, normal firm poops? No straining, or crying when using the box?

Cats go through many phases as they grow up and she may have just decided she doesn't like to be held right now. But..hissing and growling when being held is also a sign of pain.

I recommend a trip to the vet.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
The Following User Says Thank You to acerlt For This Useful Post:
Unread 03-03-2017   #3 (permalink)
Newborn

kiwicatlover is on a distinguished road

Our ypung kitten has just got threw a similar style of behaviour and we took her to the vet. they said she had a urine infection which was related to her being on heat, and experiencing stress,. Sure enough she came right.

Tags
animal , box , car , cats , crying , dog , feral , found , hey , hissing , home , kitten , litter , litter box , loving , new to this , night , peeing , pet , sad , scared , shelter , spayed , vet , window

Sponsored Cat Links