It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-13-2017   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

benzeeta is on a distinguished road
Unhappy One Cat Is Fat, And The Other Is Skinny, Can't Find A Solution!

Hi all,

I hope I am posting in the right place as I am new here. I am struggling with my cat's behavior.

I came here out of desperation! I have two cats here at home. One is a male named Yuki, who is 3 years old, and the other is a female named Mika, who is 1.5 years old. An Arabian mau, and a short haired calico.

Yuki is calm, loving, obedient, and super innocent and quite. As for Mika, she is crazy, naughty, scratches everything, meows all night long, and bites us when she wants to eat LOL, she is crazy but we love her.

Yuki is overweight, he is 6kgs, we limit the food that he has access to, so we feed him twice a day with a specific portion. In summary, the food is never out in the view we have to hide it away from him. However, Mika tends to eat randomly, but we can't leave the food out for her to eat whenever she wishes because Yuki can sneak up to the plate and eat everything there, and Mika will end up with no food when we are not around or when we are sleeping. Sometimes if we are awake or around she bites our feet to let us know it is time for her to eat. So basically we feed both cats manually. As a result, since the food is hidden in the cupboard, she starts meowing nonstop until somebody wakes up to feed her. And it is so annoying for the whole family.

Any suggestions on how I can leave the food out for Mika to eat comfortably without disturbing us, yet I have to keep the plate away from Yuki since he has no self control when he sees food... he will devour it and poor Mika will starve and drive us nuts at night.

Please I need anybody's suggestion, I am struggling with my sleeping patterns as the whole family are full time employees! I don't want to get rid of my lovely cat I am sure I can teach her to be as obedient as Yuki.

Thanks!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 04-13-2017   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

I can probably help you

I have some questions first:

What are you feeding them?

How much interactive play time do they get with you?

Are they indoor only?

What do you have for them in the house, for playing, climbing, jumping, perching, and scratching?

How long are they alone (as in no one -human- home?)

How many people in the house?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 04-17-2017   #3 (permalink)
Newborn

benzeeta is on a distinguished road
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by acerlt View Post
I can probably help you

I have some questions first:

What are you feeding them?

How much interactive play time do they get with you?

Are they indoor only?

What do you have for them in the house, for playing, climbing, jumping, perching, and scratching?

How long are they alone (as in no one -human- home?)

How many people in the house?

Hey there! Thanks for responding!

What are you feeding them? Indoor Cat dry food.

How much interactive play time do they get with you? Only at night, as everyone comes back home, however she looks bored since she is an indoor cat, locked up in.

Are they indoor only? Yes, only indoor never outside.

What do you have for them in the house, for playing, climbing, jumping, perching, and scratching? I have toys and laser light pen, and scratching board, but she doesn't play with any of them unless I push her to, I do feel she is bored sometimes....

How long are they alone (as in no one -human- home?) Until evening or afternoon, depends.

How many people in the house? we are around 6

Tags
behavior , bites , calm , cat , cat's , cats , crazy , family , female , food , home , house , jumping , love , loving , male , meowing , night , overweight , scratching , sleeping , stop , suggestions

Sponsored Cat Links