It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-27-2017   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

boogiecurl is on a distinguished road
Default Advice for a new cat owner

Hi! So I have a newly adopted cat who I'm introducing into my home with starting out by limiting her access to the apartment. Right now, I spend 1 hour with her in the morning before work, cuddling and playing. Then after my 8 hour shift I spend 3-5 hours with her playing and cuddling before bed. Sad thing is, she is so active at night that she wakes me up every hour of the night to try and play. So I usually have to leave the room and sleep on the couch. My job demands full alertness and being well rested. I feel bad that I don't get to sleep with her, but she is so nocturnal, that our sleeping schedules are just opposite. Is this situation ok? Is it bad to not let her sleep with me, and is the amount of time I'm spending with her enough?

Thanks!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 04-27-2017   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

Congratulations on your new family member!

How old is she? How long has she been with you? What's her diet?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 05-24-2017   #3 (permalink)
Kitten

butterflyH is on a distinguished road

You really don't have to worry about that as you've given her enough time. About the nocturnal cat thing, maybe you could leave her something to play with when you leave for work, because she might be sleeping the whole day when you're out that is why she's awake when you are sleeping.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Unread 05-30-2017   #4 (permalink)
Newborn

My Mood: Cool
cerdicwills is on a distinguished road
Default Hii

You don't have need to worry because you give perfect time to your cat. Give her tone of attention when you go to home. That is enough for her. Exercise is also helpful for your cat to feel confident and relaxed and make strong bond between you and your cat.

Tags
adopted , advice , apartment , cat , diet , family , home , morning , new cat , night , play , playing , sad , sleep , sleeping , worry

Sponsored Cat Links