It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-29-2006   #1 (permalink)
Administrator
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Breezy
admin has disabled reputation
Send a message via twitter to admin
Default The Halloween Cat (Dora the Explorer)

Dora and Boots find a lost cat on Halloween. Will they get the cat home in time for the big Halloween party?
Customer Review: Colorful and Engaging!
The Halloween Cat is my favorite Dora the Explorer book--and we own about 10 of them! Featuring vibrant autumn images such as bright fallen leaves, The Halloween Cat tells the whimsical story of a lost black cat and the adventure to return him safely home. With the help of Boots, Map and Backpack, Dora must traverse the Haunted House and Spooky Forest in order to get to the Candy Castle--home of the Good Witch and the black cat. There are no scary elements in this book, but rather colorful, fanciful Halloween stand-bys like cobwebs, smiling jack-o'-lanterns, bats, and spiders--as well as friendly ghosts, waving trees, and costumed allligators. The Candy Castle is beautifully illustrated, as is the Good Witch, her shimmering broom, and the adorable black cat (who sports orange eyebrows!) As a parent, this is a very fun book to read to my son--not to mention being great eye candy! My son seems to love it as well, requesting it to be read to him every night this past week. The Halloween Cat is a Level 1 Ready-to-Read book. This means the book features simple stories, increased vocabulary, and longer sentences--especially compared to Pre-Level 1 books. As with other Level 1 Ready-to-Read Dora books, The Halloween Cat also features rebuses in place of some of the words--although the actual words *are* present...just in smaller script below the picture. A whimsical, colorful, gentle way to celebrate Halloween and friendship--and to teach your youngster to read. Highly recommended!

More...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 06-18-2009   #2 (permalink)
Top Cat

catlover83 is on a distinguished road

Awww, I gotta buy this one. My niece collects Dora stuff.
The night runs over him
like dark water

- Pablo Neruda

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

|

|
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Tags
adorable , black , black cat , book , books , cat , cats , friendly , fun , great , halloween cat , hey , home , house , jack , lost , lost cat , night , picture , present , scary , stories , story

Sponsored Cat Links