It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-29-2006   #1 (permalink)
Administrator
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Breezy
admin has disabled reputation
Send a message via twitter to admin
Default bow wow meow meow: it's rhyming cats and dogs

It's rhyming cats and dogs in Douglas Florian's furrr-ocious collection of twenty-one original poems and paintings about our favorite animal friends. From barking Chihuahuas and pointing pointers to leaping leopards and purring Persians, here is a canine and feline compendium certain to have everyone barking for joy.

Customer Review: Bow Wow Meow Meow poem book is wow wow!
Hi! You can call me StoryMaker. Bow Wow Meow Meow is a great and unique poem book that focuses on cats, dogs, and their relatives. When we got it from the library, it was a much darker pink then it is in the Amazon.com photo. I memorized many poems in it. There are great illustrations and on the back, you will probably see two paintings, one of a cat and one of the dog. If you look closely, the dog has the word "cat" written on it and the cat has the word "dog" on it. An example of one of the poems is: "Who always yanks the tail of the Manx?" Short poem, isn't it? Here's another short one: "Why ocelots have lots of spots puzzles oc-elot." Don't worry, that's not as long as they get. For example, "Dog Log" is much longer, therefore I haven't memorized it. Great poems and lots of humor, too. However, I do not like how they insult bulldogs in their bulldog poem. Everyone is giving bulldogs a bad reputation because long ago bulldogs held on to bull's noses and were swung around. Bulldogs are nicer nowadays. Overall, a nice poem book all about pets, wolves, and every type of wild cat. Signed, StoryMaker. "Gotta trust the kid's review!"
Customer Review: Bow Wow Meow Meow
As always, Mr. Florian writes and illustrates poetry on a young child's level. His poetry is short and to the point, and his illustrations are extremely creative. "The Poodles" and "The Dalmatian" is a great example of utilizing the features of the animal in the poem format. Mr. Florian gets young children excited about poetry and shows them that poetry can be uncomplicated and fun.

More...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content

Tags
animal , book , cats , children , dog , dogs , friends , fun , great , hey , humor , joy , manx , meow , type , wild , worry

Sponsored Cat Links