It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-29-2006   #1 (permalink)
Administrator
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Breezy
admin has disabled reputation
Send a message via twitter to admin
Default Castaway Cats (Richard Jackson Books (Atheneum Hardcover))

A storm, a shipwreck,
an ongoing ocean,
then finally, finally
a deserted isle. . . .
Safety -- but wait!
The fifteen swimmers
braving the waves
are, after all . . . kitties.
They are not into
cooperating
until, until
on this desert isle
they must.

Here,
from the creators
of the witty Old Cricket,
comes a wily, wise
saga of sogginess,
a feline fantasy
about drying off (elegantly),
shaping up (grumpily),
getting along (at last),
and loving it.

Customer Review: Fun text, beautiful illustrations.
The illustrations are fabulous. The rhyming text is entertaining and has enough interesting words to make it a higher level than a lot of rhyming books. It begins "On an island in the ocean near the land of Singapore, midst a storm of great proportion fifteen cats were washed ashore..." My daughter is fascinated with shipwrecks, pirates, stowaways, castaways etc so this story was right up her alley. It would also be great for cat lovers since there are so many different kinds of cats and the different kinds are well drawn and recognizable in the illustrations. My duaghter loves this book and we love reading it to her because of the drawings and the clever things in the text (e.g. the marmalade cat always uses jam related words). I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 just because I found the story got a little weaker toward the end in the sense that the moral of the story -- we must work together to succeed -- is maybe a little too obvious.

More...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content

Tags
beautiful , books , cat lovers , cats , found , fun , great , hey , interesting , kitties , lovers , loving , singapore , story

Sponsored Cat Links