It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-29-2006   #1 (permalink)
Administrator
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Breezy
admin has disabled reputation
Send a message via twitter to admin
Default The Cat in the Hat

He may be an old standby, but he never lets us down. When in doubt, turn to the story of the cat that transformed a dull, rainy afternoon into a magical and just-messy-enough adventure. There's another, hidden adventure, too: this book really will help children learn to read. With his simple and often single-vowel vocabulary, the good Doctor knew what he was doing: hear it, learn it, read it--laughing all the way. The Cat in the Hat is a must for any child's library.
Customer Review: Childhood Favorite! More than meets the eye!
The Cat in the Hat at first glance may seem like a nonsensical text meant merely to amuse its readers. If you stop and ponder this story of two children left at home alone one afternoon, you soon realize there is a more powerful message than first meets the eye. The children clearly know the difference between right and wrong, but with the slightest influence from the Cat, they easily give in. I believe the fish represents their conscience. They choose to ignore its warning time and again, and therefore, find themselves in a mountain of mess. Before the story's end, they are able to right the wrongs, but we as readers are left with this thought and question: "Then our mother came in and she said to us two, "Did you have any fun, tell me what did you do?" Should we tell her about it? Now what SHOULD we do? What would you do if your mother asked you?" (Seuss, 60-61).
Customer Review: A Classic
It was very late one weekday night, My sleep was restless so I turned on the light. I was looking for something...something to read, But what on earth would fill such a need? I searched high and I searched low for just the right title, Would it be literature? Would it be non-fiction? How about the Bible... I wanted something fun... something light... something easy And then I came across the gift I was given when I was just three... The Cat in the Hat, such a delightful tale No matter how many times I read it It never seems stale So I sat on the couch and turned the old pages, Wishing my wife were awake so we could both laugh, (Cuz laughter's contagious) But I persevered and continued to read Feeling and knowing I had met my heart's need. I put the book on the shelf in its place A smile still stretched on my happy face I went back to bed with that smile still on And quietly slept until the new morning dawned.

More...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content

Tags
book , cat , children , eye , fiction , fish , fun , gift , happy , hey , home , home alone , mat , morning , night , question , sleep , stop , story , tale

Sponsored Cat Links