It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Go Back   Cat Forums - I-Love-Cats - your Ultimate Cat Forum > General Cat Discussion > Cat Product Reviews > Cat Book Reviews
Register

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-29-2006   #1 (permalink)
Administrator
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Breezy
admin has disabled reputation
Send a message via twitter to admin
Default The Private Life of the Cat Who ...: Tales of Koko and Yum Yum (from the Journals of James Mackintosh Qwilleran)

Fans of the Cat Who... series get an intimate look at the private lives of those extraordinary Siamese cats Koko and Yum Yum--the most unlikely, most unusual, most delightful team in detective fiction.

In this charming collection of feline antics, readers will discover why Qwill considers Koko a veritable clone of T.S. Eliot's Rum Tum Tugger, how Yum Yum was rescued from a burglar who is not above a spot of catnapping, and many more fascinating cat facts.
Customer Review: A Rare Foul Ball from Mrs. Braun
Being a great fan of Koko and Yum Yum I was absolutely delighted when I saw this book. I figured that this would be a compendium of cute cat stories that were never mentioned in the actual mystery series but alas, I was wrong. Most all of the anecdotes related in this book come directly from the pages of previously published books and what little new material there is, is not very well thought out or written. I really can't imagine that Mrs. Braun actually wrote this book because it is really not up to her talent level. Worse yet, several of the little stories give away the ending of the other books and if I had not already read most of the ones mentioned I would be quite upset. The worst thing about this book is that the idea behind it had so much promise. The lives of these two lovable cats are obviously not completely covered in the series proper for there are times when James Qwilleran, the cat's human companion, is not solving mysteries. A look at what these two felines are up to during these down times would be great fun and with a little effort and imagination this could have been a delightful book. Unfortunately, there appears to have been far to little effort and absolutely no imagination applied to this project and whoever came up with this mess should be ashamed of themselves. The only redeeming qualities of this book are the adorable picture of the two Siamese cats on the back cover and the frequent references to T.S. Eliot's cat Rum Tum Tugger. A little class never hurts.
Customer Review: Blank Pages and Redundant Material
I received this book as a gift, and I am so glad I did not buy it. It is a 137 page book, of which over 50 pages (FIFTY PAGES) are blank, or have bad line-art of a siamese cat. The remaining pages are large type, double spaced, half of which are just rehashes of previous books. I figure there are probably 30 pages of original material. It's obvious that Ms. Braun (or the publishers using a ghostwriter) are just trying to milk the fan base for more money. Avoid this book, even if you are a Cat Who completist.

More...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content

Tags
adorable , art , book , books , cat , cat stories , cat's , cats , cute , facts , fiction , fun , gift , great , mess , money , picture , project , rare , siamese , stories , tale , type , upset

Sponsored Cat Links