It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-29-2006   #1 (permalink)
Administrator
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Breezy
admin has disabled reputation
Send a message via twitter to admin
Default The Cat's Fancy (Time of Your Life Series)

Customer Review: A Cat Turns Human to Make Her Owner Fall in Love with Her
I love cats, especially black cats. So I just HAD to read THE CAT'S FANCY by Julie Kenner, which is a paranormal romance about a black cat who falls in love with her human owner, Nicholas. The cat, Maggie, is granted human form - but she only has a week to earn Nicholas' love or else she loses him forever. I enjoyed reading this book. It was fast-paced and fun, and it gave an interesting cat's eye view of the world. The author was very convincing in making us understand that Maggie, though a woman on the outside, was still a cat with cat's instincts. Also, secondary characters like Deena and Hoop were enjoyable additions who really livened up the story. I had a couple issues, though. The whole explanation as to who Old Tom was and why Maggie had some human in her was glossed over big-time. So we never really learned how it was possible for Maggie to become human in the first place. Also, I think the author was too convincing about the fact that Maggie was a cat, because I started to feel uncomfortable with the thought of Nicholas and Maggie hooking up. It seemed bizarre to me. I can't explain why. Maybe it was because Maggie was so innocent about everything. In some ways, she was almost child-like. Maybe that's what I was reacting to. I don't know. Anyway, THE CAT'S FANCY was still entertaining and rather unique for a romance. It's definitely worth reading, especially if you like cats. Also, from what I understand, characters from this book appear in Kenner's paranormal romance series that begins with APHRODITE'S KISS. So you might want to read it, if you are interested in this author!
Customer Review: Light and funny read.....................
Picked this book with another book that I had been anxious to read and did'nt regret it. Despite it's faults this book was fun read. It had it's faults, slow spots,and somtimes the characters seemed to drag,and other times some scenes just didn't make sense. But to me this one of Julie's early works and ties very with her God series,meaning we see more of Deena and Hoop,they held the book together for me. I highly recommend this cute read if you just want to get away and see how our feline friends see us wierd humans.

More...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content

Tags
black , book , cat , cat's , cats , cute , eye , fast , friends , fun , funny , hey , interesting , story , uncomfortable

Sponsored Cat Links