It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-29-2006   #1 (permalink)
Administrator
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Breezy
admin has disabled reputation
Send a message via twitter to admin
Default The Humane Society of the United States Complete Guide to Cat Care

Building a lifelong, loving relationship with a cat can be a challenging task. Whether you're thinking of adopting a cat or already live with one, The Humane Society of the United States Complete Guide to Cat Care offers authoritative and practical advice that will help you make the best decisions along the way. This comprehensive guide includes sections on choosing a healthy cat, feeding and nutrition, training, grooming, disease, vet visits, caring for an aging cat, feline first-aid kits and emergency care.Unlike other books that endorse breeding and promote novelty or purebred cats, The Humane Society's Guide to Cat Care stresses making life better for the millions of cats already here. It provides information on rescuing and rehabilitating homeless cats, finding a stray's owner, and helping an outdoor cat make the transition to a safe indoor environment. The guide also encourages animal advocacy and offers a list of ways to get involved.
Customer Review: Very Good.
Not only does this book tell you how to take care of your cat, it is also very interesting to read. Unlike some books, it doesn't have pages of very short descriptions of cat breeds. I find these very boring, as they tend to say the same things from book to book. These have no relevance to actually taking care of your cat. This book has enlightened me on several things about taking care of my cat. Much to my cat's distaste, I no longer feed her mass market pet food, but follow the simple directions found in the book. I also moved my ageing cat indoors, where she seems much less stressed. This book is good as a informative read about cats, and a reference book.
Customer Review: Pregnant Cats and Young Kittens Not Covered
This book does not cover the week by week development of kittens in terms of dietary needs and social and motor control. If you are adopting a young kitten from a private home, this is not the book for you. If you want to breed cats, look for another book. The index is also undernourished. It is missing the words diet, food, feeding, nursing and weaning. The book does a good job, however, on the politically correct attitude to have toward a cat.

More...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content

Tags
advice , animal , books , breeding , breeds , car , care , cat , cat breeds , cat's , cats , environment , food , found , grooming , guide , healthy , hey , homeless , indoor , informative , interesting , kittens , loving , missing , nutrition , outdoor , pet , pet food , pregnant , social , stray , training , transition , vet , weaning

Sponsored Cat Links