It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-29-2006   #1 (permalink)
Administrator
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Breezy
admin has disabled reputation
Send a message via twitter to admin
Default 25 Cats Named Sam and One Blue Pussy and Holy Cats by Andy Warhol's Mother

Customer Review: Andy Warhol's Cats
With a bit of reluctance I give this set 5 stars instead of 4 (and I see it's unavailable new and has a stiffish price used, so it probably isn't easy to make up your mind.) As a note, Amazon has the title incorrect -- and this is important when you know the history of the writing in these books -- it's "25 Cats Name Sam," not "Named." It gets 5 stars because I love cats, I love cat art, and the late and great Andy Warhol is just incomparable. What this set is is a hardback case of two hardback books. The case is glossy and colorful and printed with black & white line drawings of Andy Warhol's mother's cat drawings. Inside the case are two vanilla-colored books with excerpts of the colored line drawings of the cats that are inside each book. The book that you really have to buy this set for is "25 Cats Name Sam and One Blue Pussy," which is the book of Andy's reproduction famous colored line drawings of cats on matte vanilla paper pages. They are all entitled "Sam," in his mother's handwriting, except for one is, of course, "One blue pussy," in his mother's handwriting. The second book is '"Holy Cats" by Andy Warhol's mother', and titled just...like...that. She was an immigrant and didn't know much English. The black & white line drawings of cats are extremely primitive, as is the handwritten prose. The pages are glossy, fully colored pages with the black & white drawings reprinted. This book is only of interest because it's packaged along with Andy's book. Consider it simply an add-on; it certainly is not a reason to buy this set. All in all, this really is only a book for the true die-hard cat lover, which is where I'm coming from, (or die-hard Warhol lover), since it's pricey and the second book is really almost a total loss. From the closing page: "'25 Cats Name Sam and One Blue Pussy' by Andy Warhol was printed privately circa 1954 in a limited quantity of 190 copies."

More...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content

Tags
art , black , books , cat art , cats , great , hey , love , mat

Sponsored Cat Links