It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-29-2006   #1 (permalink)
Administrator
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Breezy
admin has disabled reputation
Send a message via twitter to admin
Default 1,001 Things You Always Wanted To Know About Cats

Tantalizing trivia on furry felines
Why do cats purr? Can they swim if necessary? Why are cats associated with bad luck? This book answers these questions and more, featuring 1,001 tidbits of fascinating information on felines. From myths and legends and catty phrases to cats in history, on film, and in art, each page is filled with surprising, little-known facts.
J. Stephen Lang (Seminole, FL) is a devoted cat lover and the author of over twenty-five books. He has been interviewed on numerous radio and television programs
Customer Review: Great Fun, Made Me Purr
We cat lovers can't seem to get enough of cats, even books about cats, right? I enjoyed this one immensely, got it for my birthday (Dec 3), so curled up by the fire with cat in my lap and book in hand and proceeded to learn so many facts and legends that I ended up taking the book to bed. (My husband is used to this by now.) It is fun to pick up and open just anywhere but I read it more or less straight through, utterly fascinated by some of the tidbits about cat behavior, even learned some new things about the feline body. (Did you know cats have whiskers on the backs of their front legs? Funny I'd never noticed it before, but it's true.) Some of the myths and legends are really fascinating, particularly the one about the apostle Thomas. One omission: every science fiction buff will wonder why the book made no mention of "Schrodinger's cat" or Robert Heinlein's "The Cat Who Walked Through Walls." Maybe some future edition will include it!
Customer Review: A Must-Have for Ailurophiles
Well, if you don't already know what an ailurophile is, you will after reading this book, plus a thousand other things about cats, present and past. My husband and I have eight cats, and I think we've owned every breed there is, but I still found lots of fascinating cat info I never knew before. The book covers all breeds (I get the feeling the author isn't wild about Siamese, but I can overlook that), plus lots of factoids about their mating habits, their appearance in myths and legends and literature, famous people who kept cats (and a few poor souls who really hated them, like the composer Brahms).

More...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content

Tags
art , behavior , birthday , book , books , breed , breeds , cat , cat behavior , cat lovers , cats , facts , fiction , fire , found , fun , funny , great , hey , lovers , mating , present , siamese , television , wild

Sponsored Cat Links