It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Go Back   Cat Forums - I-Love-Cats - your Ultimate Cat Forum > General Cat Discussion > Cat Product Reviews > Cat Book Reviews
Register

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-29-2006   #1 (permalink)
Administrator
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Breezy
admin has disabled reputation
Send a message via twitter to admin
Default The Everything Cat Book : Everything You Need to Know About Living With Your Favorite Feline Friend--So Complete You'll Think Your Cat Wrote It

So complete you'll think your cat wrote it!
Have you ever wondered how to tempt your finicky cat to eat? And how to put that fat cat on a proper diet? What's the best way to keep kitty from eating your house plants? Should you adopt a mix breed or buy a more expensive pure-bred? Should you declaw your kitty, or not? And what are the top 10 reasons that cats make great pets?
You'll find the answers to these and many other perplexing questions in The Everything Cat Book. From practical considerations like choosing a veterinarian and basic first-aid to fascinating cat lore and trivia, The Everything Cat Book offers everything you need to know about living with your favorite feline friend.
Customer Review: Screw up your cat in 300 pages
This book had so much wrong information I have to wonder if the author ever went near a cat. Rub a male cats belly? Only if you want to get bitten! With so many other good cat books out there, I avoid this one by a mile.
Customer Review: overall good reference book
This book, in an engaging style, will give you the basic information you need to select a kitten or cat and take care of him or her. It covers issues such as purebred vs shelter, kitten vs adult cat, feeding, litter training, claw clipping, ear cleaining, teeth brushing, introducing the cat to other pets, and common illnesses. It also addresses such contraversial issues as keeping cats exclusively indoors and declawing. It's enjoyable to read, and it was helpful to my husband and me when we brought our first kitty home. It's a good overall reference book, but it does lack depth on many subects. And, as a now experienced cat person, I am not sure I completely agree with all of the author's suggestions, but I do think that he offers good, sound advice for the first-time cat owner.

More...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content

Tags
adult , advice , belly , book , books , breed , care , cat , cat books , cats , clipping , diet , eating , great , home , house , kitten , kitty , litter , male , person , shelter , suggestions , training

Sponsored Cat Links