It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Go Back   Cat Forums - I-Love-Cats - your Ultimate Cat Forum > General Cat Discussion > Cat Product Reviews > Cat Book Reviews
Register

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-29-2006   #1 (permalink)
Administrator
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Breezy
admin has disabled reputation
Send a message via twitter to admin
Default The Heart of the Matter : Breaking Codes and Making Connections Between You and Your Dog or Your Cat

Paul Loeb and Suzanne Hlavacek presented a revolutionary -- and surprisingly simple -- approach to teaching and understanding dogs in Smarter Than You Think. Featured on NBC's Dateline, that acclaimed volume has been embraced by scores of fans who have seen Loeb's methods work wonders with their "problem dogs." Now, this acclaimed animal behaviorist joins his partner Hlavacek to further enrich our bonds with our dogs and cats with a guide to giving them the best care possible and to deepening the special love that is at The Heart of the Matter.
This breakthrough book offers a whole new perspective on the human/animal relationship. The Heart of the Matter features a three-point approach to your animal's health and well-being:
The Magic Touch -- how to make a profound and lasting soul connection; including sharing dialogues and conversations with your dog or cat
Diet -- how you can ensure balanced nutrition with an astoundingly easy food plan
You -- what you need to know to end behavioral problems, allergies, and more. </UL>
These are the keys to creating harmony between yourself and your dog or cat. You'll gain a fuller understanding of their needs, abilities, emotions, intelligence, and highly developed "super senses" -- and delight as they become well-behaved, truly integrated family members, and trusted friends.
Loeb and Hlavacek also tackle one of our biggest obstacles to animal health and happiness: the startling conspiracy between pet-food manufacturers and veterinarians who sell "premium" food that can keep animals susceptible to illness, skin problems, and other chronic conditions. How can you feed your dog or cat and break this chain of codependency? The answers will surprise you; the solutions are right at your fingertips.
Filled with fascinating, often amusing, case histories -- including amazing accounts of improved health based on dietary changes -- this is the essential care guide that animal lovers have waited for. With the compassionate advice in The Heart of the Matter, you can create a powerful connection -- and enjoy the gift of looking into your animal's eyes and seeing love.
Customer Review: Must read book for dogowners
Great book. Have read numerous dog training books and this one was an easy read that held my attention. It works too. The techniques the authors suggest seem a little different at first but if they end in the desired results, it's worth the effort. Definitely read the nutrition section and you will be shocked to see what goes into commercial dog foods.
Customer Review: a trained dog!
i trained my first dog with the book "smarter then you think" (also by paul loeb) and got wonderful results so when i got a pyrenees-mastiff puppy that bit my fingers, played the "catch me if you can game",had no respect for me (or my books) i decided i needed to read "the heart of the matter". i trained my dog not to run away not to chew on me and now she respects me and looks up to me (oh yeah she comes when called and shes only 9 weeks old. this book trained this dog in less then an day.) not to mention my mom who does not have to deal with the smell of pee all day. dont even get me started on how much she loves her fresh food. this is a must read for any one with a dog.

More...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content

Tags
advice , allergies , amazing , animal , book , books , care , cat , cats , commercial , dog , eyes , family , food , friends , fur , game , gift , guide , health , hey , joy , lovers , mat , nutrition , pee , pet , problem , problems , puppy , smell , training

Sponsored Cat Links