It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-23-2009   #1 (permalink)
cali4ever01

Question Expecting Kittens...HELP!

My girlfriend and I found a tiny cat about 3 days ago outside and decided to take her in. I could immediately tell she was expecting. She is about 8 or 9 months old and we have had two different times given for when she is due. Either 2 weeks or 30 days. Of course we have no clue when she got pregnant so I am guessing as much as the vets are. I have read that cats get restless before giving birth, but she always seems to be on the move. I have no idea if she is close or if she is just inspecting her new surroundings. We also have two large dogs (they all get along) and maybe she is still getting used to them, but I do have a serious question. Are you still supposed to feel the kittens moving when it is getting closer to delivery? Usually when I would pet her one of them would kick me, but now they aren't moving all that often. I know they are still alive, but I am just wondering if birth is imminent?

Piball(pronounced pie-ball) had her babies early Sunday morning! She had three little ones. All are healthy and getting fat. She is a great mother and very concerned about their well being, but she still lets us pick them up. I am so happy for her

Last edited by cali4ever01; 03-02-2009 at 05:11 PM. Reason: update!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 02-23-2009   #2 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Cheerful
acerlt is on a distinguished road

I have no experience with pregnant kitties, but I wanted to thank you for taking this little kitty in. You are Heros!

there are a few people here who are breeders, and they should be around, and be able to help you.

Welcome!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
please read this first
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Unread 02-24-2009   #3 (permalink)
Cool Cat

chris246 is on a distinguished road

Hi ,Im a breeder of Maine coons .not always can you feel the babies move inside the mummy cat as they are packed really tight ..dont worry if you can't feel anything ..you will know when the mummy cat is ready as she will go to her litter tray more often and will also seek out a nice quiet place to give birth ..the best thing to do is get her a big box with lots of warm covers ..and introduce her to it ..hopefully she will have her kittens in there ..just keep an eye on her as she is young she might need your help .Chris x

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Trinny, Lacymae,Saphira,Tiegan,Smoothie,Cassie,Indie,Fudge ,Blaize
Unread 02-24-2009   #4 (permalink)
Cool Cat

chris246 is on a distinguished road

Forgot to tell you a cat takes 65 /67 days to have her babies ..in some cases it can be as early as 63 days .dont worry as she will let you know . Good Luck ..Chris x

Trinny, Lacymae,Saphira,Tiegan,Smoothie,Cassie,Indie,Fudge ,Blaize
Unread 02-25-2009   #5 (permalink)
Top Cat

Lyka_01 is on a distinguished road

cali4ever01,
I don't have any experience too about pregnant cat...
Because my baby Kero is my first cat and he is a male...
Hoping that you will have a healthy kitties...

||

"If animals could speak the dog would be a a blundering outspoken fellow, but the cat would have the rare grace of never saying a word too much."
Unread 02-25-2009   #6 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

My Mood: Fine
krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Talking

Yep, follow Chris' instructions. She knows all the process very well
Good luck & pls keep us posted

So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Unread 02-25-2009   #7 (permalink)
che
Supreme Cat Lover!

che is on a distinguished road

Hi and welcome,and well done for taking this kitty in.I'm Cheryl.I went through a pregnancy with my cat Dylan 2yrs ago.I was fortunate to have a spare room where I placed her cardboard box ready for her.She also had food bowls and litter tray in there,and it was nice and quiet for her away from my other 3 cats at the time.The date she gave birth,she was very restless that day,was up and down off my lap,showing me her belly,cos she liked me to rub it.And she was in and out of the room like a yoyo.Good luck.xxxxx
Unread 02-25-2009   #8 (permalink)
cali4ever01

Thank you so much for all of the awesome information. She is wanting to be near me more and talking a lot. She is up and down on the computer desk wanting love, but we did just meet a few days ago. Hopefully it is soon. I am very impatient!

Unread 02-25-2009   #9 (permalink)
Supreme Cat Lover!

krzekmaya is on a distinguished road
Question

What's your location?

So lucky to be owned by Flor, Meshee , Lady Brenda, Merlin, Dino & Phailin

And our three beloved angels Pochee
(1991 - 2003) Booba (1993 - 2005
) and Domino (1997 - 2009)
Unread 02-25-2009   #10 (permalink)
Kitten

michelle_my_bell is on a distinguished road

BRAVO! for adopting those kitty and special thanks from Michelle - a very special cat. She is expecting her kittens soon too, so she's sending a hug and 1000 kitty kisses for little mom.

Tags
babies , baby , belly , birth , box , breeder , breeders , cat , cats , computer , dogs , eye , food , found , great , happy , healthy , hey , kittens , kitties , kitty , litter , love , male , morning , moving , nice , pet , pregnancy , pregnant , question , worry

Sponsored Cat Links